Turn on thread page Beta

New Maths Exam Edexcel. How to go from grade C to an A*? watch

ReputationRep:
    Hey, so I'm apart of the new GCSE this year and I'm struggling in maths right now plus they have moved various A-level topics down to us, I could really use help and advice on how to get from a grade C to an A*. I would love to become an Acoustic Engineer when I'm older but unfortunately I'm finding maths challenging and my teachers have said I would really struggle if I were to take it at A-Level. Not sure what to do at the moment, I have a sixth form taster day coming up and I'm going to see how that goes too.

I'm also very into Theology and Religious Studies, Music Technology and Physics - If I were to take those subjects at A-Level what jobs are out there that I am able to do and what university courses are out there?

Thanks! x

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FloMia)
    Hey, so I'm apart of the new GCSE this year and I'm struggling in maths right now plus they have moved various A-level topics down to us, I could really use help and advice on how to get from a grade C to an A*. I would love to become an Acoustic Engineer when I'm older but unfortunately I'm finding maths challenging and my teachers have said I would really struggle if I were to take it at A-Level. Not sure what to do at the moment, I have a sixth form taster day coming up and I'm going to see how that goes too.

I'm also very into Theology and Religious Studies, Music Technology and Physics - If I were to take those subjects at A-Level what jobs are out there that I am able to do and what university courses are out there?

Thanks! x
    Ahh I agree with you that the new maths GCSE is hard! I'm doing it too :/

I don't know much about university courses but I know that since physics is a science, it does open up many opportunities in later life

ReputationRep:
    Hello!

The new 9-1 Maths exams do make things a bit more challenging, as it's more about applying your knowledge to real life situations. The solution on how to go from C->A* is a difficult one, or else everybody would be on A*s! If there's a specific part of Maths that you find particularly difficult, feel free to ask away. Perhaps that's a good way of progressing and trying to reach your grades.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ambiguity)
    Hello!

The new 9-1 Maths exams do make things a bit more challenging, as it's more about applying your knowledge to real life situations. The solution on how to go from C->A* is a difficult one, or else everybody would be on A*s! If there's a specific part of Maths that you find particularly difficult, feel free to ask away. Perhaps that's a good way of progressing and trying to reach your grades.
    Agreed that its hard, to be honest I find quite a few things challenging. Rearranging to start with, I find trigonometry so much fun but rearranging, I find that so difficult when it is so simple.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Alicezworld)
    Ahh I agree with you that the new maths GCSE is hard! I'm doing it too :/

I don't know much about university courses but I know that since physics is a science, it does open up many opportunities in later life
    Yeah physics is great!

Although if I wanted to take it at university I'd still need maths A-Level...Annoyingly...Thank You though!

ReputationRep:
    If you have a particular example that you've seen recently on rearranging, I'd be happy to help!

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year

University open days

1. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 17 Aug '18
  2. University of Bolton
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 17 Aug '18
  3. Bishop Grosseteste University
    All Courses Undergraduate
    Fri, 17 Aug '18
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?
Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.