Turn on thread page Beta

Can anyone be too nice watch

ReputationRep:
    I'm often told that I'm too nice but is that even possible? How can anyone be too nice?

ReputationRep:
    0to100 is too nice

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tammie123)
    I'm often told that I'm too nice but is that even possible? How can anyone be too nice?
    Depends on the context. Sometimes people can be overwhelmingly friendly where it comes across as fake?
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    @SabaXD why the hell can I not tag her

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RDKGames)
    Saba XD

Tagged for you

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jagwar Ma)
    Depends on the context. Sometimes people can be overwhelmingly friendly where it comes across as fake?
    Basically a doctor was being really rude to me but I didn't want to report her because I felt bad. As someone studying a healthcare course I understand how tough studying healthcare courses is. So when my friend found out that I wasn't going to report the doctor she was telling me that I'm being too nice and that she deserved to be reported.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by AngryRedhead)
    Saba XD

Tagged for you
    Damn spaces. Thanks

ReputationRep:
    Basically a doctor was being really rude to me but I didn't want to report her because I felt bad. As someone studying a healthcare course I understand how tough studying healthcare courses is. So when my friend found out that I wasn't going to report the doctor she was telling that I'm being too nice and that she deserved to be reported.
    Why do you feel bad reporting the doctor

ReputationRep:
    Basically a doctor was being really rude to me but I didn't want to report her because I felt bad. As someone studying a healthcare course I understand how tough studying healthcare courses is. So when my friend found out that I wasn't going to report the doctor she was telling that I'm being too nice and that she deserved to be reported.

If you want to make it in life you cannot be nice to everyone.
    Being nice =naive,weak and gullible.

ReputationRep:
    :lovehug:
    (Original post by AngryRedhead)
    Saba XD

Tagged for you
    :hugs:

Damn spaces. Thanks
    Remember next time.

ReputationRep:
    You can be too nice if you allow others to take advantage of you

ReputationRep:
    If you let yourself be hurt and don't do the right thing, whether that's reporting or whatever, just because you don't want to cause trouble for someone else, then yeah that can be considered as being too nice. But if you're truly being empathetic because you understand a bit about healthcare and stuff, then that means you're even better.

It's always better to learn how to be assertive and firm if you want to still be nice. That's the proper way to handle something, not just lay it off if it has hurt your feelings or something.

ReputationRep:
    same, i get told im too nice as well but it isnt always a bad thing

ReputationRep:
    I sometimes get told this as well. I think it does depend on the situation, as sometimes you can get hurt from being nice to someone who is constantly treating you badly. But in most situations it's always better to be nice as that makes you the bigger person. Don't let what people say change you

ReputationRep:
    Being too nice isn't particularly a good thing, it can be taken as a compliment and advice.

No one is going to play "too nice" with you in this world so why give people the special treatment?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kiritsugu)
    If you let yourself be hurt and don't do the right thing, whether that's reporting or whatever, just because you don't want to cause trouble for someone else, then yeah that can be considered as being too nice. But if you're truly being empathetic because you understand a bit about healthcare and stuff, then that means you're even better.

It's always better to learn how to be assertive and firm if you want to still be nice. That's the proper way to handle something, not just lay it off if it has hurt your feelings or something.
    I didn't want to report her because I know how tough studying a healthcare course is and I know how much hard work is required in order to make it. I also don't want to cause trouble for her. I just feel like if you're kind to people who aren't so kind to you maybe your kindness will melt their hearts and change their ways. Or maybe I'm just being stupid

ReputationRep:
    I didn't want to report her because I know how tough studying a healthcare course is and I know how much hard work is required in order to make it. I also don't want to cause trouble for her. I just feel like if you're kind to people who aren't so kind to you maybe your kindness will melt their hearts and change their ways. Or maybe I'm just being stupid
    No, I think you're right. Your empathy/sympathy is something a lot of people don't have - so keep that please because we're getting a lot of people who are losing that. Still, remember to learn how to be assertive to someone. Also, yeah, sometimes if you kill someone with kindness or say something nice to someone who's not having a bad day, can make you become really respectable and brighten their day.

I've thought that maybe you can change people's ways of thinking - but that isn't really going to happen if the other person is not going to notice what you've done - because you've done nothing - if that makes sense. It could easily be that they're just having a bad day and it's not their attitude to life that's bad.

I think you made a good decision to keep your cool. I'm interested though, how you think your friend might have thought she deserved to be reported?

ReputationRep:
    Oh God YES

Try and develop a sarcastic witty humor, that'll off-set your niceness with scathing.

ReputationRep:
    YES

I find people who are too nice hard to trust.

ReputationRep:
    Basically a doctor was being really rude to me but I didn't want to report her because I felt bad. As someone studying a healthcare course I understand how tough studying healthcare courses is. So when my friend found out that I wasn't going to report the doctor she was telling me that I'm being too nice and that she deserved to be reported.
    No offence intended but in my experience 'too nice' is synonymous with 'pushover'.

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
How are you feeling about GCSE results day?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.