Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I have been trying to solve this question for the past few hours and cannot find the answer.

I know the expected profit is 4575 but the answer I get for the second part is 5450-4575=875 which is apparently not right as it is not listed as an answer. Please help!

Name:  2016-11-12 21_18_21-Take Test_ Online Test Week 7_ Decision Analysis – (2016....png
Views: 26
Size:  22.9 KB

ReputationRep:
    For the second part, what I would do is say, that a prediction would only be useful if there's low demand, since that's the only time they would make more money by selling the license of the product. If it's a low demand, they would make £5000 more by selling the license vs manufacturing it themsleves. The chance of a low demand is 0.25. So I would do 5000 * 0.25 = 1250. Is £1250 an option?

ReputationRep:
    Oh, that's how you do it! Thank you so much, I've been fretting over this for the past day, never got taught to do this. Thanks again.

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year

University open days

1. Keele University
    General Open Day Undergraduate
    Sun, 19 Aug '18
  2. University of Melbourne
    Open Day Undergraduate
    Sun, 19 Aug '18
  3. Sheffield Hallam University
    City Campus Undergraduate
    Tue, 21 Aug '18
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.