I want to study mental health nursing but not sure if I'm able to.... Watch

Nataliebennett
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
I'm not sure if anyone would be able to help.

I completed a HND in Business 10 years ago but then left it behind and went into the beauty industry/massage/Personal Training. All of which I love as a hobby but have never enjoyed when it came to working self employed.

I have always wanted to work in nursing and bitterly regretted not undertaking but always thought as I didn't do well with sciences in school and didn't have the right grades which I then naively thought meant I couldn't progress forward.

I've now decided that I have to do it as the regret is too much and i'm passionate about it. I have had credit transfered to the Open University and have 240 credits in either a BA or BSc. If I topped this up to a full degree (Open Degree) would this then entitle me to do an accelerated nursing degree?

I'm so confused.

Thanks for any help possible, Natalie
Snufkin
Badges: 21
Report 2 years ago
You need to ask the admission tutor at the universities you're interested in, nobody here will know. Most universities prefer applicants to have a degree in a relevant subject (chemistry, biology, psychology etc), but it is definitely worth asking if an Open/Business degree will be enough - it might be.

As far as I know, there aren't any maintenance loans available for people who do postgraduate (PGDip / MSc) Nursing courses, so it might be worth considering doing the undergraduate BSc in Nursing instead, even if it takes a little longer. See this website for updated finance information: www.thefundingclinic.org.uk
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...

All the exam results help you need

people online now

students helped last year

University open days

• University of Dundee
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Mon, 26 Aug '19
  • University of Aberdeen
    General Open Day Undergraduate
    Tue, 27 Aug '19
  • Norwich University of the Arts
    Postgraduate (MA) Open Day Postgraduate
    Sat, 31 Aug '19

How are you feeling about GCSE Results Day?

Hopeful (215)
12.49%
Excited (157)
9.12%
Worried (306)
17.77%
Terrified (382)
22.18%
Meh (173)
10.05%
Confused (37)
2.15%
Putting on a brave face (238)
13.82%
Impatient (214)
12.43%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise