Turn on thread page Beta

If the United States prospers under Trump, will you change your economic philosophy? watch

ReputationRep:
    What if Trump enacted economic measures reflective of national protectionism? What if he uses America's economic leverage to demand a more equative quid pro quo amongst its allies? These measures could have a dramatically negative economic impact on the world stage. Some credible economists concede that many of Trump's economic positions may improve America's economic prosperity.

If the United States economy make a dramatic improvement under the Trump administration, will his opposition admit that some of his positions were right? It is more likely that any measurable success will be attribute to the previous administration. Never underestimate the human propensity to defend their ideology, regardless of contrary evidence.

If conditions fail to improve under Trumps presidency, then I will blame him and his policies. If conditions improve under Trumps presidency, then I will credit his policies with contributing to that success. That is an unbiassed approach.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ckingalt)
    What if Trump enacted economic measures reflective of national protectionism? What if he uses America's economic leverage to demand a more equative quid pro quo amongst its allies? These measures could have a dramatically negative economic impact on the world stage. Some credible economists concede that many of Trump's economic positions may improve America's economic prosperity.

If the United States economy make a dramatic improvement under the Trump administration, will his opposition admit that some of his positions were right? It is more likely that any measurable success will be attribute to the previous administration. Never underestimate the human propensity to defend their ideology, regardless of contrary evidence.

If conditions fail to improve under Trumps presidency, then I will blame him and his policies. If conditions improve under Trumps presidency, then I will credit his policies with contributing to that success. That is an unbiased approach.
    Okay but it's not that simple. I personally think it all comes down to each individual in the end (obviously they'll have help and stuff). Trump's policies and views are not the only factors. If he does succeed, then yes, he will have some credit and viceversa because he to a large extent was in control of the economic plans etc.

Perhaps unrelated, but a problem comes when different countries that are wildly different adopt the exact same method without adapting it to their need, if even applicable in the first place.

I think his methods seem pretty good, at least on the surface. He seems to be doing things that are different than what other people are doing, and that's why they seem risky, but if you think his plans through, you can see there's some potential in them.

Poll
Were you ever put in isolation at school?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.