Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys, i have made this thread so that we can discuss A2 German such as the film, translation, oral etc. People from other exam boards are welcome. In my school we are studying Goodbye Lenin and Der Vorleser. Currently i feel as though i will do my essay on Der Vorleser and speak about Goodbye Lenin in the oral as i recently got 41/45 in my Essay on Der Vorleser.
    •  Official Rep

ReputationRep:
     Official Rep
    Sorry you've not had any responses about this. Are you sure you've posted in the right place? Here's a link to our subject forum which should help get you more responses if you post there.

Just quoting in Fox Corner so she can move the thread if needed :wizard:
    Spoiler:
    Show
    (Original post by Fox Corner)
    x

ReputationRep:
    Of all the people I know doing German, we're all on diff boards. I've seen you around, I've seen someone else doing eduquas or something, someone I spoke to last year is doing it and is with Edexcel, my other friend is AQA but is on the new spec etc.

I really wish I got to do a book instead of a film

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Inexorably)
    Of all the people I know doing German, we're all on diff boards. I've seen you around, I've seen someone else doing eduquas or something, someone I spoke to last year is doing it and is with Edexcel, my other friend is AQA but is on the new spec etc.

I really wish I got to do a book instead of a film
    Hey, yes i have seen you around too, in fact- i remember you kindly marking some of my essays last year. Regardless of the fact we are on different boards, German is German i guess haha! We have to do a film and a book. What film are you studying ?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bigpaddy27)
    Hey, yes i have seen you around too, in fact- i remember you kindly marking some of my essays last year. Regardless of the fact we are on different boards, German is German i guess haha! We have to do a film and a book. What film are you studying ?
    I'm doing das Leben der Anderen, my other cultural topic is history. I don't want to doooo the film, but it does tie in quite well with history (both about die DDR).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Inexorably)
    I'm doing das Leben der Anderen, my other cultural topic is history. I don't want to doooo the film, but it does tie in quite well with history (both about die DDR).
    My teacher has recommended we watch that film as Goodbye Lenin is also based around the DDR (a boys Mother has a coma through the fall of the Berlin Wall). I feel you about the film. I find it very challenging to write about the film whereas i am fine with the book. I will do my film in the oral as i am confident when speaking but it is still a pain nonetheless. History as a topic wouldn't be too bad! We have to watch the film like 10 times haha Also how much revision for German do you do per day and what sort of revision are you doing?

ReputationRep:
    My teacher has recommended we watch that film as Goodbye Lenin is also based around the DDR (a boys Mother has a coma through the fall of the Berlin Wall). I feel you about the film. I find it very challenging to write about the film whereas i am fine with the book. I will do my film in the oral as i am confident when speaking but it is still a pain nonetheless. History as a topic wouldn't be too bad! We have to watch the film like 10 times haha Also how much revision for German do you do per day and what sort of revision are you doing?
    I've seen that film also, though thought the ending war a bit schitty tbh.

I can't bear watching most films more than once so I'm probably gonna cry.

Idk tbh it varies and lately I've been so lax about German. I have been reading from a German book every day and I memorise words with Anki; quite often I'll check out German newspapers and vids on YouTube, but in terms of actual A-Level revision it's pretty poor. I mean I have a writing task due tomorrow and I've literally only just started.

ReputationRep:
    How is everyone feeling for Friday's GN4 exam. I know what is in the listening section due to the help of our teacher who checked the tapes to ensure that they worked 'correctly'

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by junky27)
    How is everyone feeling for Friday's GN4 exam. I know what is in the listening section due to the help of our teacher who checked the tapes to ensure that they worked 'correctly'
    What is on it lol

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys, i have made this thread so that we can discuss A2 German such as the film, translation, oral etc. People from other exam boards are welcome. In my school we are studying Goodbye Lenin and Der Vorleser. Currently i feel as though i will do my essay on Der Vorleser and speak about Goodbye Lenin in the oral as i recently got 41/45 in my Essay on Der Vorleser.
    How did you find the exam today??

ReputationRep:
    In comparison to the past papers I've done I think that the listening/reading/writing part of the exam was one of the easier ones. I'm crap at essays though. (WJEC)

ReputationRep:
    Was a brilliant exam!

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: June 19, 2017
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year

University open days

1. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 17 Aug '18
  2. University of Bolton
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 17 Aug '18
  3. Bishop Grosseteste University
    All Courses Undergraduate
    Fri, 17 Aug '18
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.