Turn on thread page Beta

Don't want to lose my boyfriend watch

ReputationRep:
    I have been with my boyfriend (if I can even call him that atm) for almost 3 years now. The past few months have been a bit of a rollercoaster for us. I love him to bits, he's everything to me and I know I will admit right now I am a bit clingy and protective over him. He's said he wanted space on 2 occasions over the past few months but we never really followed through with it and went back to normal. Last Saturday we had plans after I finished work and he text me whilst I was at work saying he was going for a few drinks with the lads it wouldn't be a late one, he has a BAD BAD habit of doing this and then I never hear from him, he doesn't come home to me won't answer my texts or anything until the next day saying sorry blah blah blah. Anyway last Saturday I was so angry because he called our plans off to go drink with his mates so I blew my lid whilst I was at work and he said that we were finished. I then later than night received a snapchat of him with another girl out in a bar which obviously really upset me. I didn't hear from him for 4 days. I received a text off his mum on Wednesday morning asking what had happened as he told her nothing and said she was going to have a word with him. I then received a text off him saying he just couldn't be with me at this moment in his life, we arranged to meet up to get closure and he heard what I had to say and vice versa. He said he needs some time to figure himself out and why he thinks it's acceptable to treat me the way he does because he knows it's not right which is fine. I said like just don't cut me off if you want to text me then just text the door is open for you, he said like he was waiting all week refreshing his email for me to message him and asking his mum if I had contacted her (which I hadn't) this makes me think he still wants to be with me. I haven't heard anything now since Wednesday which is another 4 days and I don't know what to do. He was saying like maybe in a month or 2 months time we can meet and discuss and try again but I'm sorry I can't wait that long it's affecting my health seriously I've lost half a stone in a week. How long do you give someone if they require time and space?! I don't want to lose him sorry for the long message.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by holg123)
    I have been with my boyfriend (if I can even call him that atm) for almost 3 years now. The past few months have been a bit of a rollercoaster for us. I love him to bits, he's everything to me and I know I will admit right now I am a bit clingy and protective over him. He's said he wanted space on 2 occasions over the past few months but we never really followed through with it and went back to normal. Last Saturday we had plans after I finished work and he text me whilst I was at work saying he was going for a few drinks with the lads it wouldn't be a late one, he has a BAD BAD habit of doing this and then I never hear from him, he doesn't come home to me won't answer my texts or anything until the next day saying sorry blah blah blah. Anyway last Saturday I was so angry because he called our plans off to go drink with his mates so I blew my lid whilst I was at work and he said that we were finished. I then later than night received a snapchat of him with another girl out in a bar which obviously really upset me. I didn't hear from him for 4 days. I received a text off his mum on Wednesday morning asking what had happened as he told her nothing and said she was going to have a word with him. I then received a text off him saying he just couldn't be with me at this moment in his life, we arranged to meet up to get closure and he heard what I had to say and vice versa. He said he needs some time to figure himself out and why he thinks it's acceptable to treat me the way he does because he knows it's not right which is fine. I said like just don't cut me off if you want to text me then just text the door is open for you, he said like he was waiting all week refreshing his email for me to message him and asking his mum if I had contacted her (which I hadn't) this makes me think he still wants to be with me. I haven't heard anything now since Wednesday which is another 4 days and I don't know what to do. He was saying like maybe in a month or 2 months time we can meet and discuss and try again but I'm sorry I can't wait that long it's affecting my health seriously I've lost half a stone in a week. How long do you give someone if they require time and space?! I don't want to lose him sorry for the long message.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Let me get this straight; he sent you a Snapchat of 'him and some girl', in a twisted attempt to make you jealous. Dump this b****, plain and simple.

ReputationRep:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    The harsh reality is he's probably losing interest in you, asking for a break simply indicates hes had enough and hopefully his interests in you will 'renew' further down the line. :I

ReputationRep:
    You need your own social life and hobbies. If you only ever want to be with him, he is going to be pushed away if he is not the same.

ReputationRep:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I'm sorry that you have to go through this. Please leave him it's best for you...I know it's hard but he obviously doesn't appreciate you. No guy should neglect his girl over plans with his lads...however there has to be a balance as in you have to learn to let him have his space and do what he likes too not forcing him to be with you 24/7 if that even makes sense lol.

Anyway let him go, and stay strong.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Omg I'm going through v similar and I've lost so much weight through stress too it's a terrible feeling no one understands how it feels to lose that bond with a guy you like

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: November 13, 2016
Poll
Which accompaniment is best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.