Is it possible for an antipsychotic to make everything worse? Watch

Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
I started a new antipsychotic on Nov 2nd and since then things seem to be deteriorating rapidly.

I can't concentrate at all in class, my notes make no sense. I hear voices and they have been steadily getting more and more vicious and telling me to do things I don't want to do. They're horrendous and know exactly what to say to upset me. I spent 2 hours earlier lying on the couch crying while the voices laughed at me. I keep waking up at night. I can't find any motivation to do anything. They've been putting more thoughts that aren't mine in my head and that is really scary when you have these foreign thoughts you can't get rid of.

I'm concerned that my doctor might be lying to me. He told me these pills should help me feel better, but things are even worse than before I started them and things were pretty bad then.

My doctor isn't open on weekends and it's always really hard to get an appointment, I could easily be waiting over a week to see him. In the meantime I don't know what to do. I don't want to do what the voices are saying I know that for certain.
Noodlzzz
  • Community Assistant
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Do you have a crisis line you can call? If you weren't given their number, just google your area / mental health trust + the words crisis line or crisis team. You can always also call Samaratins, Saneline or some of Rethink's helplines for advice and support

Antipsychotics shouldn't make psychosis worse. They can make you a bit 'fuzzy' at first which is why concentration might be hard.

But I would call up your doctor/his office tomorrow and explain you need an urgent appointment.
Airmed
  • TSR Support Team
  • Peer Support Volunteers
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
It sounds like this medication does not suit you whatsoever. :console: I would do what Noodlzzz has said.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?

Remain (845)
80.63%
Leave (203)
19.37%

Watched Threads