Sharing a studio flat? Watch

catoure
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
Hi
My best friend and I are planning on going to uni in London next year, and we're trying to figure out a way to live together but I don't quite understand how student accommodation in London( or UK) works. (We don't currently live there)
We know London is expensive and we're trying to find the best deal on accommodation. We probably have to get something at a private student hall since we're going to different uni's. I've noticed some student halls have studio flats that are basically thought to be meant for one person, even though there's loads of space and a double sized bed. My question is, if for example that studio flat is £250p/w, can two people rent it and pay that price or do we have to pay twice as much? (Considerig they don't necessarily mention whether 2 people can share one studio flat or not)
If that wouldn't be possible, do you guys have any ideas of how I could live with my best friend in the same room/flat of a private student hall in London and not pay more than £150per person/week (i mean just the accommodation)? I feel like I've looked everywhere on the internet and haven't found anything suitable
claireestelle
  • Section Leader
  • Peer Support Volunteers
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by catoure)
Hi
My best friend and I are planning on going to uni in London next year, and we're trying to figure out a way to live together but I don't quite understand how student accommodation in London( or UK) works. (We don't currently live there)
We know London is expensive and we're trying to find the best deal on accommodation. We probably have to get something at a private student hall since we're going to different uni's. I've noticed some student halls have studio flats that are basically thought to be meant for one person, even though there's loads of space and a double sized bed. My question is, if for example that studio flat is £250p/w, can two people rent it and pay that price or do we have to pay twice as much? (Considerig they don't necessarily mention whether 2 people can share one studio flat or not)
If that wouldn't be possible, do you guys have any ideas of how I could live with my best friend in the same room/flat of a private student hall in London and not pay more than £150per person/week (i mean just the accommodation)? I feel like I've looked everywhere on the internet and haven't found anything suitable
Studio flats in halls wouldnt generally allow you to share, have you looked into house shares rather than just student accommodations?
catoure
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
I haven't because my friend really wants to be around other students (and I believe that if you don't go for student accommodation you'll have to handle paying the bills/facilities and that would be sort of inconvenient I think)
doodle_333
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
You will find the odd private place which allows you to share a studio but the vast majority will not. Studios are generally extremely expensive so you should be able to find a room around what you are hoping for in a shared flat in private halls somewhere - and you should be able to request two rooms in the same flat. If you can't then look into flat shares.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of East Anglia
    All Departments Open 13:00-17:00. Find out more about our diverse range of subject areas and career progression in the Arts & Humanities, Social Sciences, Medicine & Health Sciences, and the Sciences. Postgraduate
    Wed, 30 Jan '19
  • Solent University
    Careers in maritime Undergraduate
    Sat, 2 Feb '19
  • Sheffield Hallam University
    City and Collegiate Campus Undergraduate
    Sun, 3 Feb '19

Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?

Remain (485)
80.03%
Leave (121)
19.97%

Watched Threads