Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hello and Welcome Everyone! Although offers will not be sent out for a long time, I thought this thread would be helpful for all the applicants. Let's introduce ourselves.
    Course: History and Politics
    Exams Given: HAT
    Other Universities Applied To And Decisions:
    King's (Conditional)
    LSE (Waiting)
    UCL (Waiting)
    Warwick (Waiting)

ReputationRep:
    Course: Biological Sciences
    Exams Given: none (phew)
    Edinburgh (Conditional)
    Birmingham (Unconditional)
    St Andrews (Waiting)
    Manchester (Interview on Wednesday!)

ReputationRep:
    Course: Biological Sciences for Oxford, Zoology everywhere else
    Exams Given: none
    Other Universities Applied To And Decisions:Bristol (Conditional)
    Exeter (Conditional)
    Birmingham (Unconditional)
    Manchester (Withdrawn)

ReputationRep:
    Course: Politics, Philosophy and Economics
    Exams Given: TSA
    Sheffield (Conditional)
    York (Conditional)
    Manchester (Conditional)
    Durham (Waiting)

ReputationRep:
    Course: Math
    Exams Given: MAT
    warwick ( offer)
    bath ( offer)
    exeter ( offer)
    st andrews ( waiting)

ReputationRep:
    Have u got an interview?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Grav1ty)
    Have u got an interview?
    i got no answer yet

ReputationRep:
    Well, I got a conditional offer by Warwick and got rejected by LSE today, so that cuts some hope of getting an interview...anyway, has anyone got any interview/rejection email by Catz?

ReputationRep:
    I haven't received anything yet

ReputationRep:
    I have an interview at Catz for biosciences, on the 7th December.

ReputationRep:
    Haven't heard back for PPE, freaking out a bit

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys, I'm making a facebook chat for people who got an EP or PPL interview. drop me a message and you can be added. Be cool to help each other with interviews and maybe meet come interview time xD

ReputationRep:
    Course: Materials Science
    Exams Given: PAT
    Manchester (MSE offer)
    St. Andrews (Materials Chemistry offer)
    Durham (Chemistry offer)

ReputationRep:
    Well, I got a rejection email yesterday for history and political science. I don't feel that disappointed because I kind of knew that I couldn't get into Oxford. Nevertheless, I am thankful for the experience, because if I hadn't ever dreamed of going to Oxford, I wouldn't have applied to other good universities in the uk. I'm happy that I got into my second choice (King's College London), and at the very least I would be getting feedback about my application which would help me improve myself. I would try again for post graduation, and if I don't get into pg, then for doctorate.
    I wish all those who got selected for interviews the very best of luck. Remember that getting into this stage is a big achievement in itself. Keep pushing your limits, but don't get demotivated by failures.
    I hope this thread helps other students who are called for the interviews.
    Have a good life!

ReputationRep:
    I got reallocated to Catz from my (clearly over-ambitious) first choice and have an interview for History on December 7th. Very excited and nervous.

ReputationRep:
    Current Catz First Year Engineer. Was pooled here from Balliol and couldn't be happier that I was, Catz is genuinely the best college - it may not look oxfordy but that's the only downside really. Seriously it's amazing. Good luck to all of you for interview - just remember it's not the be all and end all!

ReputationRep:
    Well, had my interviews for History. I was awful in the first. Nervous. Froze. Blew it. The second was better but I doubt if it was good enough.

On the plus side I loved Catz and was not sure I would (I'm not a fan of modernist architecture!). Peaceful location. Very clean and simple. It felt 'right' somehow. The food in hall was terrible/school level but I'm spoilt as both my parents are great cooks.

I'd be over-the-moon if I get an (unexpected) offer. It would be an amazing place to study.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CaptainGalifrey)
    Well, I got a rejection email yesterday for history and political science. I don't feel that disappointed because I kind of knew that I couldn't get into Oxford. Nevertheless, I am thankful for the experience, because if I hadn't ever dreamed of going to Oxford, I wouldn't have applied to other good universities in the uk. I'm happy that I got into my second choice (King's College London), and at the very least I would be getting feedback about my application which would help me improve myself. I would try again for post graduation, and if I don't get into pg, then for doctorate.
    I wish all those who got selected for interviews the very best of luck. Remember that getting into this stage is a big achievement in itself. Keep pushing your limits, but don't get demotivated by failures.
    I hope this thread helps other students who are called for the interviews.
    Have a good life!
    I got rejected from Oxford and accepted into Kings as well which was my second choice! For PPE

ReputationRep:
    33 years ago my Mum was rejected by Catz for Chemistry, went to Imperial, met my Dad and the rest (successful career, happy family) is history...the subject I'm looking to study at Catz. In 2 weeks time I will find out whether I get my family bragging rights but my Mum shows that there is very definitely life after an Oxford rejection.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SonOfAGeek)
    33 years ago my Mum was rejected by Catz for Chemistry, went to Imperial, met my Dad and the rest (successful career, happy family) is history...the subject I'm looking to study at Catz. In 2 weeks time I will find out whether I get my family bragging rights but my Mum shows that there is very definitely life after an Oxford rejection.
    Of course! Oxbridge isn't the be all and end all

Good luck with your application!

Posted from TSR Mobile

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year

University open days

1. University of Oxford
    All undergraduate colleges and departments Undergraduate
    Fri, 14 Sep '18
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.