Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hi guys,

I'm a bit worried about my Presentation I have to do for my SCITT interview on Tuesday. They have told me I need to do an oral presentation of no more than ten minutes discussing my career to date and the skills I have gained which will be relevant to the course, and also what I feel will be the main challenges I will face in training in the public sector.

I'm a bit worried because I feel it will be just me talking at them for ten minutes. Also I'm struggling with the second part. I have mentioned more PP and SEN students and the issues that will go with that as well as rising to government standards but I'm struggling to think of anything else.

Any advice or calming words will be much appreciated .

ReputationRep:
    Challenges of training in the public sector:
    If you mess up, 30 people have just seen.
    Children are harsh and will tell you their honest opinions.
    You do most of your learning by developing initiative/reacting on your feet.
    The 'mixed' ability is some groups in so large.

The issues you've mentioned are current educational issues but the brief sounds like they want you to foresee you're personal issues.

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
How are you feeling about GCSE results day?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.