Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Postgrad here looking to do their MA at KCL!

Can anyone tell me what the department and lecturers are like?

Thanks!

ReputationRep:
    I didn't study in the History department but I had a lot of friends who did, both undergrad and postgrad, and I attended several department events. It's a lively department, organising a lot of get-togethers and events, including for careers. The lecturers vary from an inspired Irishman formerly in a band, to a classic tweedy old historian. They're especially strong on feminist and economic history, but it's a strong department all round. Hope this is at least a little insightful!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by aplaceforflowers)
    I didn't study in the History department but I had a lot of friends who did, both undergrad and postgrad, and I attended several department events. It's a lively department, organising a lot of get-togethers and events, including for careers. The lecturers vary from an inspired Irishman formerly in a band, to a classic tweedy old historian. They're especially strong on feminist and economic history, but it's a strong department all round. Hope this is at least a little insightful!

Hey thanks for replying! That sounds great and yes, insightful From what you've heard, would you say its a friendly/supportive department?

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: November 22, 2016
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year

University open days

1. King's College London
    Arts and Humanities (Strand Campus) Undergraduate
    Sat, 8 Sep '18
Poll
How are you feeling about GCSE results day?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.