Turn on thread page Beta

Continuous wear contacts/RGPs! watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Hey, does anyone wear gas permeables or continuous wear contacts???
    I wear soft contacts, and I can't wear them for more than 8 hours, cause it hurts so much, so I was thinking of switching to continuous ones(that you can wear for 30 days...but I was thinking of getting that kind, but taking them out(not sleeping in them!)) or possibly gas permeables. Any tips???

ReputationRep:
    my mum has gas permeables (she wears them during the day and takes them out at night), but i've heard people say they are more painful than soft ones and the soft ones are meant to be healthier for the eye.

i quite like the idea of continous wear ones, sometimes i really can't be bothered with mine (soft) at all

lou xxx

ReputationRep:
    hmm, i thought that RGPs are supposed to be more comfortable once you get used to them, cause they let more oxygen in??? :confused:
    umm lou p lou, how long do you wear your contacts for? My eyes start to dry out after 3 hours :eek: , is that normal?! That's why I never wear them for more than 8 hours...they hurt soo much after that, and I can't see as clearly! Hmm, maybe i just see my optician? I'm just scared that they're gonna tell me that i can't wear contacts anymore, or something...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lovely_girl)
    hmm, i thought that RGPs are supposed to be more comfortable once you get used to them, cause they let more oxygen in??? :confused:
    umm lou p lou, how long do you wear your contacts for? My eyes start to dry out after 3 hours :eek: , is that normal?! That's why I never wear them for more than 8 hours...they hurt soo much after that, and I can't see as clearly! Hmm, maybe i just see my optician? I'm just scared that they're gonna tell me that i can't wear contacts anymore, or something...
    i wear mine a lot (i put them in it at 7.30 this morning and they're still fine). you should talk to your optician, they're not going to stop you wearing them, but maybe give you some help. i have a friend who only wears her contacts after college cos she can't wear them long and during the day she wears glasses (but i would hate to do that).

lou xxx

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lou p lou)
    i wear mine a lot (i put them in it at 7.30 this morning and they're still fine). you should talk to your optician, they're not going to stop you wearing them, but maybe give you some help. i have a friend who only wears her contacts after college cos she can't wear them long and during the day she wears glasses (but i would hate to do that).

lou xxx
    don't your eyes dry out, after such a long time??? Umm do you wear daily or monthly ones?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lovely_girl)
    don't your eyes dry out, after such a long time??? Umm do you wear daily or monthly ones?
    monthly. and they dry out more when i'm tired (i only got about 2 hours sleep last night, so they are fairly dry now), but the majority of the time i have no problems at all, it's onyl when i get tired they hurt (like 1am or something silly). i have really healthy looking eyes though, so that probably helps a lot.

lou xxx

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 29, 2004
Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.