The Student Room Group

Is Richmond The American International University Good?

Hi, I'm applying for economics at several universities but I want to choose a university with really low grade boundaries as a back-up to my back-up. It only wants CCC. However I have seen that its degrees are accredited by the open university in the UK which doesn't have the best reputation and the Middle states association in the US. Although It would mean I have a degree which is directly recognized in both countries, is it really worth it?
Original post by JPDC99
Hi, I'm applying for economics at several universities but I want to choose a university with really low grade boundaries as a back-up to my back-up. It only wants CCC. However I have seen that its degrees are accredited by the open university in the UK which doesn't have the best reputation and the Middle states association in the US. Although It would mean I have a degree which is directly recognized in both countries, is it really worth it?

No.
Reply 2
Thanks. Did/do you study there. If so what was it like?
Original post by JPDC99
Thanks. Did/do you study there. If so what was it like?

No I didn't. However, I wouldn't count Richmond as a 'serious' university - not in British terms, anyway. Do you need somewhere with such low entry requirements?
Reply 4
Yh something like a BCC but in the London area.
The Open University is recognised world wide, which is why people all over the world study with it.
Reply 6
How prestigious is it seen in the UK. I've seen people rate it high and low.
Original post by JPDC99
Yh something like a BCC but in the London area.

I don't think that's a realistic prospect at a decent university unless you apply for a degree with a foundation year. EDIT: eg Birkbeck.

Original post by JPDC99
How prestigious is it seen in the UK. I've seen people rate it high and low.

As a budding economist, I think you should be aware that if the demand is only CCC then its prestige must be low.
(edited 7 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending