Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hi everyone!

I am currently in my final moves in my BSc (Hons) Psychology I do with the University of Derby online (from Denmark, where I currently live). My husband and I plan to move to Australia in not too long.
    I have of course contacted the Australian Psychological Society about the accreditation of my degree, and they say there should be no problems but it´s also a case to case decision.
    My question to you: Are any Australians around having done or doing (online) degrees in Great Britain and have experience about accreditation processes in Australia? Also, if any are around, have you done a MSc in GB after your BSc and got experience there?

Would love to continue studying in GB (probably with a MSc) but am just a bit afraid that I might encounter problems with accreditation when I move to Aus.

Would be interesting to hear your opinions
    Thanks
    Regina
    • TSR Support Team
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Clearing and Applications Advisor
    That's a very niche question; it is incredibly unlikely that there are any Australians on this forum doing a British distance-learning degree, in any subject. Have you tried asking on Reddit? Alternatively, you could do some LinkedIn stalking - search google for CVs of people living in Australia but have Psychology degrees from Derby, the Open University or the University of the Highlands and Islands (all three offer distance learning degrees).

ReputationRep:
    Thanks a lot, Snufkin! That´s all very interesting ideas. Haven´t tried Reddit yet, LinkedIn I´ve explored a bit and also the University of Derby as I am studying there. But might try all your other suggestions, thanks a million for putting thoughts into that topic for me, particularly as it is very much a niche question, that´s right.

all the best for you!

Regina

BTW: as biggest Little My fan of all times I got a really happy surprise to have a reply from Snufkin, haha

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: November 14, 2016

University open days

1. Loughborough University
    General Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 21 Sep '18
  2. University of Cambridge
    Churchill College Undergraduate
    Fri, 21 Sep '18
  3. Richmond, The American International University in London
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 21 Sep '18
Poll
Which accompaniment is best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.