Join TSR now for chat about life, relationships, fashion and more…Sign up now

Depressed cause i have little real life friends.

ReputationRep:
    What can i do?

I am working now and most of my time is spend in the office. Should i spend more time going to the pub?

ReputationRep:
    *few. You can count friends, even if it's only on one hand.

How about getting involved in any post-office shenanigans? Are there any groups or clubs of people who meet after work (is it big enough?). Do you have any hobbies or pursuits that you could use to be more sociable? Going to the pub could work, but then again it could be even more isolating - at least with a hobby or activity you've got something to focus on.

ReputationRep:
    meetup.com

thank me later

ReputationRep:
    Hold on, little real life friends is better than no friends - not many people have truly good friends.

If you're meaning friends who you can speak to a lot, then maybe just be more open and expose yourself. So yeah, do whatever suits you best - going to clubs and pubs if that's your thing.

There is value in the experience of not experiencing so much socialization, also, so take some time to yourself. Besides, you have the internet. If you're going to be spending a lot of time working, it's a good idea to develop relations there.

ReputationRep:
    You can meet people at the pub, but as Reality Check mentioned, it's a lot easier to meet/make friends with people at clubs and groups, have a look for what's available in your area and go check something out, make sure whatever you choose interests you.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HucktheForde)
    What can i do?

I am working now and most of my time is spend in the office. Should i spend more time going to the pub?
    Your avi says it all, u want no hugs :/

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HucktheForde)
    What can i do?

HucktheForde...

Buck you Fitch hitshead we're cool k?

ReputationRep:
    Welcome to the club

Posted from TSR Mobile

Write a reply… Reply
Submit reply
Updated: November 13, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Poll
Which party will you be voting for in the General Election 2017?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.