Join TSR now and chat about whatever you’re intoSign up now

is this desktop any good

ReputationRep:
    Is this desktop good also what is the best way of getting windows 10 and Microsoft office cheaply

http://www.ebuyer.com/662337-zoostor...p-pc-7260-3017

ReputationRep:
    I don't usually recomend prebuilds, its often better to build it yourself but this looks alright. I'd be willing to spend an extra £200 or so on a graphics card because the APU just won't cut it for games. If you're not wanting to game on it then it'll do fine.

ReputationRep:
    Depends what you define as good. It's solid for it's price but it's not personally something I'd recommend because I don't like recommending people use AMD processors. AMD GPU's are up in he air but I'd rather have Nvidia. So by my standards it's not good but it is a solid price for what you get. I personally would rather pay a little more, build something myself and put what I want in it.

There are no real cheap ways to get legitimate copies of Office. You can use Office Online for free, or see if your school/college/uni has student copies to download. Or just use something like Libre Office instead. Similar story for Windows, again you could just install Linux. In both cases you can sometimes buy OEM product keys cheap.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Acsel)
    Depends what you define as good. It's solid for it's price but it's not personally something I'd recommend because I don't like recommending people use AMD processors. AMD GPU's are up in he air but I'd rather have Nvidia. So by my standards it's not good but it is a solid price for what you get. I personally would rather pay a little more, build something myself and put what I want in it.

There are no real cheap ways to get legitimate copies of Office. You can use Office Online for free, or see if your school/college/uni has student copies to download. Or just use something like Libre Office instead. Similar story for Windows, again you could just install Linux. In both cases you can sometimes buy OEM product keys cheap.
    Can I ask why you don't recommend AMD processors they seem better value than Intel also I don't care about gaming and would happily get a pirate version of office windows 10

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Michael_Fishy)
    I don't usually recomend prebuilds, its often better to build it yourself but this looks alright. I'd be willing to spend an extra £200 or so on a graphics card because the APU just won't cut it for games. If you're not wanting to game on it then it'll do fine.
    Isn't it usually more expensive to build yourself

ReputationRep:
    I think Microsoft does a free 360 for students.
    Yeah have a look at this.
    https://products.office.com/en-gb/st...e-in-education

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by karl pilkington)
    Isn't it usually more expensive to build yourself
    Not from my experience. If you shop around you can get parts for a lot cheaper. I built my desktop for £300 and it has an I7 2600, AMD 7850 GPU, 8GB of Ram 2 HDDs and a decent Motherboard.

Its more effort, but cheaper.

ReputationRep:
    Can I ask why you don't recommend AMD processors they seem better value than Intel also I don't care about gaming and would happily get a pirate version of office windows 10
    There's loads of little reasons, things like the CPU's not being as efficient, they're not better value (Intel CPU's are comparatively more powerful and in the high end easily outclass AMD), how AMD hardware has awful cooling compared to Intel and Nvidia and stupid stuff like how they still use pins on the chip rather than the board. In terms of budget options they're fine but for any sort of serious machine I wouldn't want AMD.

There's nothing outright wrong with having an AMD chip. But I feel like if I want to spend money on a machine I want to get the best hardware available. Then again I'm not the sort of person who would buy a budget device like this.

ReputationRep:
    Is this desktop good also what is the best way of getting windows 10 and Microsoft office cheaply
    You might be able to get a free Windows 10 upgrade from the OEM OS.

Are you a student?

Poll
Which party will you be voting for in the General Election 2017?
Useful resources

Articles:

The Student Room tech wikiTech forum guidelines

Quick link:

Unanswered technology and computers threads

Sponsored features:

Web Legend

Win a Macbook Air!

Blog about setting up a website for a chance to win in our Web Legend competition.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.