Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Okay so currently I am in year 13 studying further maths and physics. In year 12 I got an A* in a level maths so i picked Cardiff as my insurance because their offer is AAA-ABB so I thought that they would give me a lower offer of lets say AAB or ABB and it could be my insurance and probably Oxford or Warwick as my firm choice. A few weeks ago Cardiff gave me an offer of A*AA which seems too high considering that it is as high as an Oxford or Warwick offer, so right now I don't have an insurance choice. Does this mean that if I don't meet the offer I will not get in or they are just pushing me so that by giving me a high offer I will carry on working hard? I mean I would work hard even if they gave me an offer of ABB because my other choices are A*AA but I would've picked Cardiff in case I messed up on one of my exams and got lets say A*AB overall because I'm sure Oxford or Warwick wouldn't accept me if I didn't meet their offer whereas other universities might be a bit nicer about it.

ReputationRep:
    Well if you already have an A* in A level maths you just need to get As in Further Maths and Physics so I wouldn't worry about it.

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year

University open days

1. Sheffield Hallam University
    City Campus Undergraduate
    Tue, 21 Aug '18
  2. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 22 Aug '18
  3. University of Buckingham
    Postgraduate Open Evening Postgraduate
    Thu, 23 Aug '18
Poll
How are you feeling about GCSE results day?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.