Join TSR now for chat about life, relationships, fashion and more…Sign up now

do u ever feel like u have got no one

i have 4 or 5 good 'friends' but to be honest i don't like any of them. You probably think i'm the stupid one but after realising that every time we see each other ,they speak about stuff they all know about i don't i am beginning to dislike them. and they know that they exclude me but i don't say anything so they don't care or stop. for example i like comics, films, general conversations about goofy stuff, different music etc they are just different for me. sure sometimes i laugh with them

recently one friend has done something to show me that they didn't particularly care about me at all. so i don't really speak to them as much of course i'm not sullen with them i am just low key . wow i guess i'm fake

it's my last year of school to be honest i've got no reason to say anything to them i'm planning to just tolerate my loneliness until my exams are over .. maybe in uni i'll find someone who likes the same as me . until then i am a shy self depreciating weirdo with no real friends . also i really doubt i can find new friends my school is full of cliques and i don't have time for clubs due to a levels.

Will i ever find someone to be my friend (that sounds so sad hahahaha) , sometimes i think it's me who is the problem, i am the one who hates all if them but everyone else can be fine and make jokes and be friendly ... it's obviously my issue

to be honest i don't know what i'm saying. just venting .

ReputationRep:
    Some people just aren't for every one fella, you'll find folk you click with sooner or later!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    i have 4 or 5 good 'friends' but to be honest i don't like any of them. You probably think i'm the stupid one but after realising that every time we see each other ,they speak about stuff they all know about i don't i am beginning to dislike them. and they know that they exclude me but i don't say anything so they don't care or stop. for example i like comics, films, general conversations about goofy stuff, different music etc they are just different for me. sure sometimes i laugh with them

recently one friend has done something to show me that they didn't particularly care about me at all. so i don't really speak to them as much of course i'm not sullen with them i am just low key . wow i guess i'm fake

it's my last year of school to be honest i've got no reason to say anything to them i'm planning to just tolerate my loneliness until my exams are over .. maybe in uni i'll find someone who likes the same as me . until then i am a shy self depreciating weirdo with no real friends . also i really doubt i can find new friends my school is full of cliques and i don't have time for clubs due to a levels.

Will i ever find someone to be my friend (that sounds so sad hahahaha) , sometimes i think it's me who is the problem, i am the one who hates all if them but everyone else can be fine and make jokes and be friendly ... it's obviously my issue

to be honest i don't know what i'm saying. just venting .
    Hi I'm so sorry that you're feeling like this, and that this is happening to you. To answer your last question, yes you will find someone to be your friend. Since you're going to uni, the chances of you finding someone you click with are incredibly good as at uni you're studying something you want to be studying and/or are passionate about so meeting people you click with through your course is easy. Not only that but you have societies and flatmates. Look forward to uni!

I'd say maybe either stay away from them or, if you do keep hanging around with them, just try to accept in your mind that just because these aren't 'your people', doesn't mean that there is something wrong with you or that you're incapable of making friends. Don't allow them to make you feel bad. I completely understand just how difficult it is to make friends at school when everyone is already cemented in their friendship groups. I've been there. If I were you, I would stick it out as you haven't got long left until the end of school. Find books to read, games to play. Time goes by very fast. If I were you I would 100% throw myself into studying. Yes you might feel lonely now and again but it will be over so fast and you could maybe talk to a parent or someone else you trust about it. The loneliness may even motivate you for uni even more.

Good luck!

Write a reply… Reply
Submit reply
Updated: November 13, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Poll
Which party will you be voting for in the General Election 2017?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.