Join TSR now and get all your revision questions answeredSign up now

Banks failing - 2008 crisis

ReputationRep:
    Why did the banks fail, was it because of subprime mortages or because they were deregulated? I heard some sources say the banks were regulated but surely they weren't, due to neoliberal policies and that's one of the reasons why they failed?

ReputationRep:
    who knows?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by john2054)
    who knows?
    You do, John. It's in your head.

Come on, think about it. You gotta get yourself in your head so you can get the knowledge outta your head.

I believe in you, John. Always have done, too. Ever since primary school when we used to use our jumpers as goal-posts. I believed in you. You're my Santa, John. Bring us the gifts of your sack.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Davalla)
    You do, John. It's in your head.

Come on, think about it. You gotta get yourself in your head so you can get the knowledge outta your head.

I believe in you, John. Always have done, too. Ever since primary school when we used to use our jumpers as goal-posts. I believed in you. You're my Santa, John. Bring us the gifts of your sack.
    lol. okay i will admit it

i caused the crash,

in 2008, having escaped hospital, for the second time, i flew over to kenya,by myself again, and got married to my fiance. everyone said i couldn't but i did,

then the markets tanked.

i'm not saying that i was the only reason, and i also thought that they were all watching me all the time. but i did it anyway.

that'll do it!

Poll
Which party will you be voting for in the General Election 2017?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.