Join TSR now and chat with students like youSign up now

Favourite Supermarket? Watch

ReputationRep:
    Basically I'm pretty bored so was just wondering what everyone's favourite supermarket was in terms of quality and customer service? My personal favourite is Tesco since I work there and the quality is pretty good without being expensive, followed by Sainsbury's who are generally better quality but getting a bit pricy!
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    I'm loyal to Tesco

They gave me lots of vouchers lately and I was allowed to use them all at once on petrol so I used them all in one go and got £22 worth of free petrol and that was enough for a day out the next day they also gave me a bottle of gin by accident one day with my food shopping delivery. I certainly wasn't complaining :laugh:

ReputationRep:
    Wooo! That's awesome! I just got a little 4.50 voucher the other day but meant I bought just over a fivers worth of shopping for 75p
    • Very Important Poster

I think they get boring, so I shop at several and take the offers from all of them. Aldi have the best value imo. M&S and Waitrose best for quality, but soemtimes they are silly expensive. For what used to be big shops I just tended to use the closest big supermarket.

ReputationRep:
    Asda because it's closer

ReputationRep:
    Tesco because it's literally only a two minute walk from my house

ReputationRep:
    Lidl because it's the cheapest

ReputationRep:
    Poundland because you can buy £1.60 wafer biscuits for £1!!!!!

ReputationRep:
    Sainsburys! Because it's the only supermarket that the meat from the deli tastes like butcher's meat, rather than just watered down rubbish!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    must I say Tesco?

in all fairness it's right up the road so, prices are doable and food is good enough quality methinks, not bothered about people thinking it's chavvy, which we can say about ASDA

Asda. It's like Tesco but slightly cheaper. :hand:

Spoiler:
    Show
    Although I live a lot nearer to Tesco and convenience comes first ... :sad:

Poll
How are you feeling about your GCSE results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.