Join TSR now and get answers to all your questions about uniSign up now

Nursing course finances

ReputationRep:
    I have applied for the NHS bursary but was told i could apply for the student fiance England as well, i have tried this but been told because i have the bursary im not entitled to it, can anyone help me out or suggest what else i should do and the bursary isnt enough to get me to uni and placement.

ReputationRep:
    You are entitled to a Student Finance England maintenance loan of just over 2k or just over 3k if you are at a London uni.

ReputationRep:
    Im at Brighton uni does that make a difference??

ReputationRep:
    Brighton is not in London, so you wouldn't get the 3k.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lilibet01)
    Brighton is not in London, so you wouldn't get the 3k.
    I have lived in Brighton all my life so am aware of where it is, i was wondering if there was a big difference in the amount i can get?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MissyB123)
    I have lived in Brighton all my life so am aware of where it is, i was wondering if there was a big difference in the amount i can get?
    You can apply for finance. You just don't get the typical amount that students get. You're only entitled to a reduced amount.
    Sfe should have told you this.
    Contact them again and say that you have been in touch with others and nursing students are entitled to a reduced maintenance loan.
    It's not a great amount but it's something extra!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I continued on from this page and was told I could have a living allowance but not anything towards my course, it's really confusing, you will be allowed something, if your unsure call them

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by deviant182)
    You can apply for finance. You just don't get the typical amount that students get. You're only entitled to a reduced amount.
    Sfe should have told you this.
    Contact them again and say that you have been in touch with others and nursing students are entitled to a reduced maintenance loan.
    It's not a great amount but it's something extra!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Thank you

Poll
Which party will you be voting for in the General Election 2017?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.