Join TSR now to have your say on this topicSign up now

Do you think Trump will make a good president? Watch

ReputationRep:
    I'm personally undecided about this topic as i think it might be interesting to see America ran by a business man rather than a politician. This could be better in the long run as he can improve infrastructure, spending, healthcare and relationships with Russia. Despite this i think some of the comments he made are unacceptable, but at the same time he is promoting a sense of change, unlike Clinton who is just a clone of the last 3 presidents.

ReputationRep:
    I don't think it's possible to be a "good president" when the country isn't fundamentally controlled by the President, more the bankers who hold all the cards.

Will he be a good role model for the next generation? Unlikely.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NoPunInThisName)
    I don't think it's possible to be a "good president" when the country isn't fundamentally controlled by the President, more the bankers who hold all the cards.

Will he be a good role model for the next generation? Unlikely.
    This. All presidents are puppets controlled by a higher power.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by satisfactionatlast)
    This. All presidents are puppets controlled by a higher power.
    I agree in the sense that corporation rules higher than Government, but i think Trump will be more Russia's puppet rather than the bankers puppet

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Blenkk)
    I'm personally undecided about this topic as i think it might be interesting to see America ran by a business man rather than a politician. This could be better in the long run as he can improve infrastructure, spending, healthcare and relationships with Russia. Despite this i think some of the comments he made are unacceptable, but at the same time he is promoting a sense of change, unlike Clinton who is just a clone of the last 3 presidents.
    But he bankrupted 6 times.

ReputationRep:
    A tremendous, tremendous president

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TugbaAiden)
    I don't think you understand what bankruptcy is. It's a tactic corporate entities use often to their advantage.

ReputationRep:
    It will still be interesting to see his approach to leading the country and what so called "promises" he'll follow up on

ReputationRep:
    there was an interesting piece in the paper today comparing him to Andrew Jackson shamone who was an uncultured wealthy outsider. the Jackson story had a happy ending, with AJ making many useful improvements to the US and A.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NoPunInThisName)
    The president doesn't hold many domestic cards anyway. That's the senate- and, yes, the banks have influence in the senate. Where the president really has power is in foreign policy and that's ironically where Trump seems to have the most radical ideas. Hopefully it won't be too much of an issue.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Athematica)
    I don't think you understand what bankruptcy is. It's a tactic corporate entities use often to their advantage.
    Rest my case

ReputationRep:
    He can't do any worse than Obama.

ReputationRep:
    Rest my case
    As an aside to the rest of the thread, have you actually looked into which were bankrupted? 4 of them are shelf companies for tax purposes and the other are 2 he put the stock on the public market, let the public buy shares, hollowed out the companies then declared bankruptcy. Unethical? Absolutely. But good business.

He never declared personal bankruptcy. It was isolated businesses that were cut off.

ReputationRep:
    I don't think it'll be that interesting... Trump is a businessman, he'll be for big business. Good to see that he wants to improve US-Russian relations though.

Strictly speaking, there is a chance that Trump won't be the president, after all, the US is a republic... It's the state representatives that have the final say.

ReputationRep:
    I'm personally undecided about this topic as i think it might be interesting to see America ran by a business man rather than a politician.
    There are some areas that could be run in more business-like ways. Businesses take calculated risks, which, in most major areas, it is absolutely inappropriate for a government to do. Businesses can be structured and strategically declare bankruptcy to maximise overall profit - Trump is experienced in this. It doesn't work for a country. His business practices have been well documented - they're not nice.

Trump is too immature and egotistical to be President. I'm genuinely frightened of what he'll do / say next.

ReputationRep:
    If he doesn't do the things he said he'd do during his campaign then maybe.

If not then he'll be a terrible President.

ReputationRep:
    I don't think corrupt Clinton or Lady gaga can solve America's economic problem.

But I think Trump or this P*ssy Grabber can deal with it.

If I were US citizen,I would give him a chance.

http://www.mrctv.org/blog/debbie-was...ileaks-release

http://popmusicscandal.com/2016/10/l...ven-billboard/

Name:  1479064457427.jpg
Views: 45
Size:  36.5 KB

Name:  1479064477151.jpg
Views: 52
Size:  33.6 KB

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Better than Bush but that isn't saying much

ReputationRep:
    He'll make a fine God Emperor. By the grace of Pepe, long may he reign.

ReputationRep:
    Not really. Think about it, now we have three dangerous and unpredictable leaders of the world's most dangerous countries. Doesn't take a genius to find out who these people are; Putin, Kim Jong Un, and now Trump. A combination with potentially deadly consequences for all mankind.

I dislike him, but at the same time, I think you've got to hand it to him for being able to get the votes he has, and also has supposedly promise to get rid of illegal immigrants. Something this country (UK) would never be able to do,beacause it has a weak government. Immigrants are not bad, but the illegal ones are the ones that add an unnecessary burden to national services, although this is nowhere near as much of a problem in America as it is here in the UK.
    So while I dislike him, some of his policies make sense.

Poll
If you won £30,000, which of these would you spend it on?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.