Join TSR now and get answers to all your questions about uniSign up now

Medicine Kings College London GCSE number of A* required?

ReputationRep:
    I am hoping to do Medicine as my University course and since I have just started Year 12, I decided to start looking at Universities!
    I have been wondering as to whether my GCSEs are good enough. I would like to go to Kings College, but I hear it's really competitive!
    I achieved 6 A*s 4 As and 3 Bs. I achieved A* in Biology, Chemistry and Physics and got an A in Maths and a B in English Language.
    Even though I have not sat my AS/A2 exams yet, based on my GCSE profile, what are my chances of getting in?

Any response would be much appreciated! Thanks!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dp00)
    I am hoping to do Medicine as my University course and since I have just started Year 12, I decided to start looking at Universities!
    I have been wondering as to whether my GCSEs are good enough. I would like to go to Kings College, but I hear it's really competitive!
    I achieved 6 A*s 4 As and 3 Bs. I achieved A* in Biology, Chemistry and Physics and got an A in Maths and a B in English Language.
    Even though I have not sat my AS/A2 exams yet, based on my GCSE profile, what are my chances of getting in?

Any response would be much appreciated! Thanks!
    your gcses are good enough for medicine at kings, but your chances of getting in can't be predicted based only on gcses. you'll need to have a good score on the ukcat along with good As results ( 3 As) and be predicted at least AAA, and you'll probably also need some related ECs. so just work hard this year to get the best grades and possibly pick up some related ECs.

good luck with your As levels

Poll
Which party will you be voting for in the General Election 2017?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.