Join TSR now and get answers to all your questions about uniSign up now

ReputationRep:
    I am struggling to find any information on this anywhere - any help would be so helpful, i'll explain as simply as i can:

I received 3 years funding to do an undergraduate, and i dropped out. (My course would've been 5 years as was an integrated masters) I dropped out because of my mental health.

I also come from a very low income family, i got the full everything. Is there a way that student finance will still fund me if i go back somewhere else to do something different? I heard that extenuating circumstances could be a thing with SFE but i can't find any information on it anywhere. (Hence why i'm here.) If this is the case then how would i go about doing it? reapply through UCAS ect?

Not that this is entirely relevant to sorting it, but this is putting a strain on my mental health. I know the world isn't a fair place but i'm being stopped from perusing what i want to do because of my families income and my mental health.
    Due to the nature of my course and the cost of tuition, studying part time isn't an option. If anyone can help with this, in any way what so ever, it would mean the world to me.

I don't even know if this is the right place to ask this....,
    • TSR Support Team
    • Very Important Poster
    • Peer Support Volunteers
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by UWEJack)
    I am struggling to find any information on this anywhere - any help would be so helpful, i'll explain as simply as i can:

I received 3 years funding to do an undergraduate, and i dropped out. (My course would've been 5 years as was an integrated masters) I dropped out because of my mental health.

I also come from a very low income family, i got the full everything. Is there a way that student finance will still fund me if i go back somewhere else to do something different? I heard that extenuating circumstances could be a thing with SFE but i can't find any information on it anywhere. (Hence why i'm here.) If this is the case then how would i go about doing it? reapply through UCAS ect?

Not that this is entirely relevant to sorting it, but this is putting a strain on my mental health. I know the world isn't a fair place but i'm being stopped from perusing what i want to do because of my families income and my mental health.
    Due to the nature of my course and the cost of tuition, studying part time isn't an option. If anyone can help with this, in any way what so ever, it would mean the world to me.

I don't even know if this is the right place to ask this....,
    You d need at least two years worth of evidence that your mental health was affecting your studying to have any chance at getting compelling personal reasons. It's a very long shot that they would allow that to be honest, a friend of mine was very lucky to get one years CPR after having used her gift year.
    Did you get an exit award from that three years? If so are there any similarities in what you want to study subject wise, second year entry could be a possibility then or at least APL some modules to make it cheaper.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by claireestelle)
    You d need at least two years worth of evidence that your mental health was affecting your studying to have any chance at getting compelling personal reasons. It's a very long shot that they would allow that to be honest, a friend of mine was very lucky to get one years CPR after having used her gift year.
    Did you get an exit award from that three years? If so are there any similarities in what you want to study subject wise, second year entry could be a possibility then or at least APL some modules to make it cheaper.
    I have letters during this period from mental health crisis teams for being detained under the mental health act and receiving emergency assessment ect - i could also get a doctors note.
    • TSR Support Team
    • Very Important Poster
    • Peer Support Volunteers
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by UWEJack)
    I have letters during this period from mental health crisis teams for being detained under the mental health act and receiving emergency assessment ect - i could also get a doctors note.
    Give sfe a call,explain your circumstances and see what they say,it's at least worth a try to see if you can get CPR.

Poll
If you won £30,000, which of these would you spend it on?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.