Turn on thread page Beta

Clothing Brands you dont get in the UK? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys, are there clothing brands that are difficult to get in the UK, that are popular but are too over priced there or hard to get?

ie. Ralph Lauren, Polo, Sean Jean, Guess, Rocca Wear. etc.

I am visiting the UK in a few weeks and I have alot of family there which I havent seen in ages. They asked me to get them some clothes, purses etc but im clueless in terms of the brands. I wanna get them a brand they would find different, or that they cant easily get there.

Any suggestions ?

ReputationRep:
    All of the above, Abercrombie is wayy overpriced over here...oh and it costs a load to order from Hollister because of shipping charges!!

ReputationRep:
    you can pick up RL for good prices if you know where to look, and roca wear is occasionally in TK maxx. abercrombie is the hardest to get for a good price

ReputationRep:
    Thanks, anything else?

how bout Levis?

ReputationRep:
    They sell ralph lauren everywhere in the uk, but its disgustingly overpriced, i've forked out fifty pounds for a polo. Abercrombie London is just too infuriating to think about shopping there.

ReputationRep:
    baby phat

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aqua88)
    Thanks, anything else?

how bout Levis?
    levis are about as common as humans in england

ReputationRep:
    what sort of prices are abercombie? sounds a bit pretensious to me. i have seen ads for their clothing tho.

ReputationRep:
    abercrombie is £80 pounds for a pair of jeans when you can get them for the equivalent of 40 pounds in america.

ReputationRep:
    Mens Hip Hop brands ie Sean John, G Unit, all that sort of stuff. Obviously you can get some of it over here but not a great range, and the prices are really expensive too. Theres a lot of stuff that you can easily get in both the UK and the US, but obviously the main difference is the price- hence why when I go to the US I always buy Levis, adidas trainers, designer handbags etc as the pricers are so much better

ReputationRep:
    do you guys get Tommy Hilfiger there at a cheap price?

ReputationRep:
    Coach. Really popular in NYC but noone has heard of it here. I bought some stunning Coach boots when I was living there and now that I've moved back, noone has heard of them!:mad:

Oh, and BCB Maz Azria and Bebe (a bit like Morgan clothes)

ReputationRep:
    £80 isn;t THAT bad for a pair of jeans. I could easily find pairs for £100-120.

G - UNIT - I have seen that make loads around here

So I imagine it must be available a lot on London as well.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Clubber Lang)
    £80 isn;t THAT bad for a pair of jeans. I could easily find pairs for £100-120.

G - UNIT - I have seen that make loads around here

So I imagine it must be available a lot on London as well.
    Yeah I was thinking the same. I was expecting the prices to be much higher than that.

ReputationRep:
    Gstar is pretty expensive over here.

I was in the US last year and it was about 1/4 the price

ReputationRep:
    I personally love American Eagle.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aqua88)
    Thanks, anything else?

how bout Levis?
    Levis are available here, readily. Twice the price you'd pay in the States though.

Poll
Should Banksy be put in prison?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.