Join TSR now and get all your revision questions answeredSign up now

ReputationRep:
    EPQ
    • Official TSR Representative

ReputationRep:
    Sorry you've not had any responses about this. Are you sure you've posted in the right place? Here's a link to our subject forum which should help get you more responses if you post there.

Just quoting in Fox Corner so she can move the thread if needed :wizard:
    Spoiler:
    Show
    (Original post by Fox Corner)
    x

ReputationRep:
    Hi, I just wrote a book that will help you, it's called "How to write any essay and get a top mark! Or How to Hack the Religious Studies, Ethics or Philosophy A-level (& Politics and Other Essay) Exams…and get an A*!" For AQA, OCR, and Edexcel, New and Old courses! Unit/Course/Specification codes: 7061, 7062, 2060, 7171, 7172, 2175, H172, H572, H173, H573, 8RS01, 9RS01, 8RS0, 9RS0 and many more! Available on Amazon and all major outlets!

"This is such a useful book for all students of A level Religious Studies, Philosophy and Ethics. The style is student friendly and accessible, and the author brings to it his experience as a teacher and examiner. The highly practical approach is exactly what students need to negotiate the minefield of exam preparation and practice equipped with straightforward, realistic advice." Sarah K Tyler

(Original post by Dr Carlsberg)
    I'm doing an EPQ on something along the lines of 'To What Extent Can Qualia Can Explain Conscious Experience', and would be evaluating how each of the main Philosophers who believe in it have structured their arguments, following by the same for the critics of the theory. I was thinking I could then conclude by questioning whether our inability to describe Qualia is just a weakness in our language, or something we could learn to develop over time.

Would anyone have any advice on how to further structure my EPQ, because I can't really believe that that is going to be enough to have a varied essay. I assume that just doing what is essentially an extended 'For and Against' type of essay with an evaluated question at the end isn't really enough. I realise it is a very niche area, but if anyone has some tips, it'd be much appreciated! Thanks.

Poll
Which web browser do you use?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.