Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hi, did anyone else get Wolfson house? I'd love to hear from you guys, especially if you're a medic. But even if you're not still say hi!

ReputationRep:
    Hey, i got Wolfson House too! I'm not a medic but a Pharmacist and a little disappointed that i didnt get SSA.

But anyway I wanted to know if you've ever been to visit it? I didnt get a chance on the Open day and was wondering what people think of it?

Oh and I just got all the forms in the post this morning... so bloody long! :eek:

ReputationRep:
    Hey, no i haven't been, because GDSA was my first choice so I only had a look around there. I really wanting an ensuite, but oh well! I'm planning to go to London on the weekend (maybe) and see if i can have a quick look round. You can do that too if you want to see the place, or just look at your 'My Digs' booklet because this has some stuff in it about Wolfson.

ReputationRep:
    ......see you there.... if i can fill these forms in time! hehe I'm doing history. wanted to be in ssa or dgsa (like everyone) but wolfson seems alright really. the only thing that concerns me is whether or not they will have put internet access in the rooms by the time we turn up (said they will be doing it this summer......but in my experience people say a lot of things)

ReputationRep:
    don't fret, i've been there and the lady at the residence office of wolfson told me herself face to face that there are hotspots on each floor for wireless internet access : )

ReputationRep:
    erm, what about individually wired room internets? ie, reliable and non-overloaded?

ReputationRep:
    about reliability you'll have to ask a current kings student, i only went to wolfson on friday to check out the accommodation, but i'm sure that the internet should be fine because well everyone uses it and kings knows that so they have to make provisions for this.

ReputationRep:
    what else did you find out about it man? I've seen a standard kitchen and bedroom on the internets, but what else is there to know?

ReputationRep:
    ok so...
    you can request a mini-fridge for your room, as they do not provide them as standard, for 40p a day
    14 people share a kitchen, shower, a bath and three toilets on each floor
    in the kitchen the microwave, fridge and kettle come as standard
    there is a laundrette in the building with about 7ish washing machines and driers
    there is a swimming pool and gym on the bottom floor but to use them you have to get membership for the Thomas and guys club
    in your bedroom you get a sink, two door cupboard, a desk and chair and a single bed
    floors 2-13 are for undergraduates, above that postgraduates stay
    there is a common room with snooker table and such but no computer room

ReputationRep:
    Hey I have a place in wolfson - am off to study nursing - doesn't look too bad at least its close to stuff...
    Is the only internet connection in the hall wireless??? Do we not get individual points in our rooms?

ReputationRep:
    it's all wireless, or so the lady at the wolfson office told me!

ReputationRep:
    thats a bit half-arsed. well, if its any good.....plus means i have to buy a feggin wireless card thing or something right?

ReputationRep:
    yeah you can get usb sticks that will pick up wireless signal for about £40... but it might be worth waiting til you get there cos you might need an extra powerful one if the signal is rubbish...

ReputationRep:
    rite yea... that sucks dude i thought it was a plug in one, but instead theyre just gonna save money so that we gotta pay even feckin more. lame. cheers for the info tho dude

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.