Join TSR now for chat about life, relationships, fashion and more…Sign up now

Is it wrong to give a gift to my teacher? Watch

My teacher has done so much for me this term, and I thought of making him a little origami bird (I didn't want to go over the top and I thought something handmade would be better than a bought present). However, all my friends say that it's weird to give presents to teachers, but I really think he deserves something for the things he's done, and for being such an amazing teacher.

What do you think?

ReputationRep:
    maybe a card with some thoughtful comments is a better idea? ngl i thnk giving ur teacher a origami bird is a lil weird but heyy its yo choice

ReputationRep:
    There's nothing weird about it. I think a gift is the best way to show your gratitude. I've known people give teachers mugs which have "best teacher" inprinted on them etc. Nothing weird at all, go for it!!

ReputationRep:
    no wth, why is everyone saying this bs, its not like you're buying them a house or giving them a bikini
    its fkin paper that expresses your gratitude to the teacher, why tf would it be wrong??

ReputationRep:
    My maths teacher was super helpful last year, so I bought him a robot pencil sharpener for his room. I don't think it's weird, unless the gift is inappropriate - some people got their form tutors flowers last year to say thank you!

Maybe don't give it to him in-front of the whole class though, that may be a little awkward. But I think it's nice to let the teachers know that they're appreciated because they probably feel that they're not most of the time

ReputationRep:
    giving a gift to anyone is okay, its not wrong lol,

but then again it depends on what you give them.

ReputationRep:
    It's not weird, I always give gifts to my teachers at Christmas

This year two of my teachers are actually getting involved in our class-wide secret Santa (the class shares two teachers for different aspects of the course), which is so cute!

ReputationRep:
    No. I got my RE teacher chocolates bc he wrote my reference and ting :yep:

(Original post by Popsiclez)
    In Primary School its seen as cute socially in Secondary school its ok but its seen as weird. Personally I've always wanted to give my teachers the gift of my virginity, <3
    Weirdo alright :lolwut:

ReputationRep:
    That's a lovely idea

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: November 14, 2016
Poll
If you won £30,000, which of these would you spend it on?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.