Join TSR now and get answers to all your questions about uniSign up now

ReputationRep:
    Lot of uni students say you can take it easy for the first year, do you think this is true?
    Btw I am a first yeat

ReputationRep:
    No. Second year will suck ass if u dont learn first year material

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NotGodofWorld)
    Lot of uni students say you can take it easy for the first year, do you think this is true?
    Btw I am a first yeat
    the first year is easier. however it is up to you to get in to a positive work habit/ethic at this early stage, so you will hit the floor running later on!

ReputationRep:
    No, it's not a waste.

ReputationRep:
    Depends on the uni but my first year was a baptism of fire, found it very difficult as did most and it was worth 10% of my overall classification.

ReputationRep:
    In terms of overall qualification, you could say yes. Although, some Universities add the first year to the overall qualification.
    OP, I would say it is better to do really well and push yourself in the first year, so that you will have that drive/motivation to get a good qualification in the 2nd years/3rd and or 4th year.

All in all, first year is good for getting used to the University life/ jump from A levels and the in-depth theoretical knowledge needed at the University compared to A levels. Do well in first year, and the sky will be your limit.

ReputationRep:
    You should use it to learn the right way to succeed at uni. Essays, assignments, exam technique is different at uni than it is at A-level and if you just coast about in 1st year then you have to use 2nd year to learn that, when things actually count.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MagicNMedicine)
    You should use it to learn the right way to succeed at uni. Essays, assignments, exam technique is different at uni than it is at A-level and if you just coast about in 1st year then you have to use 2nd year to learn that, when things actually count.
    Also they are not teaching you all that vector calculus for the fun of it. You are going to need it.

There tends to be a reason for what they are teaching you as well. Second and third year builds up on top of it.

It least that is what it was like with a physics degree.

Poll
If you won £30,000, which of these would you spend it on?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.