Join TSR now for chat about life, relationships, fashion and more…Sign up now

Sacked? Watch

ReputationRep:
    Hey
    Has any one of you guys/girls ever been sacked at work? If so where do you work and what was your role? And what was the process to being sacked from the moment you were hired? I keep making mistakes at work and need to know what they do before they sack someone. I hope they dont sack me. Helpppp

ReputationRep:
    Unless you've worked there for over a year or there is blatant sexual or race discrimination you have precious little rights. Focus on making fewer mistakes, join a union or find a better job I reckon.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zarek)
    Unless you've worked there for over a year or there is blatant sexual or race discrimination you have precious little rights. Focus on making fewer mistakes, join a union or find a better job I reckon.
    So am i ok for now? And wont get sacked?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Il971)
    So am i ok for now? And wont get sacked?
    if you've been employed under 2 years they can sack you for nothing if they want

what is going on at work?

I got sacked from a job when I was 17 (or it was a 'mutual decision'...), it was very sudden as I'd just moved from a Xmas temp post to permanent contract then they said every member of staff had to come in to do a stock check on Sunday night, I was told it often lasted until 2am or later and I had a 9am A level exam on the Monday so I told them I would at least have to leave by 10pm but could do with the night off. Boss replied that if I didn't come in/left early I was fired so I didn't go and never went back.

ReputationRep:
    I was sacked from my first job i was only there for a month and they kept telling me off for making mistakes and i had a couple of days off one was for nothing which i know is bad but the other was for an exam but they sacked me after that

ReputationRep:
    Posted from TSR Mobile

Oh ok. I just keep making stupid mistakes at work. Do you think they will warn me first before going to sacking me? Do you think i can turn this around and not get sacked?

ReputationRep:
    yeah they will warn u and well it depends whether they like u or not and think that ur a good worker just dont make any more mistakes and do everything that they ask u to do

Write a reply… Reply
Submit reply
Updated: November 15, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Poll
Liquorice: Love it, or loathe it?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.