Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Can somebody please help me to understand this scenario? Watch

Announcements

There's a guy that I have known for 2 years now and in the beginning, it was all great. I thought he was an amazing, truthful guy. We have been romantically linked together and developed feelings.

However, one day I was on Facebook and I clicked on his profile and saw a picture of two children. I didn't ask him anything as I thought it was just his nephews. But, two months later, I clicked on his profile again and still saw the picture of the kids. Then, something told me to click a woman's profile who had the same surname as him.

As soon as I clicked her profile page, I saw the same children on there and her with the guy were in a lot of pictures together. When I read through the comments, people were referring to them as "Mr and Mrs" and calling them a "Sweet Couple". They also blessed the children etc.

In the beginning I asked him if he was ever married and if he has children. He denied both questions, so I thought it was true because the way he was living and behaving, I would not have expected him to be in that situation.

It turns out that he did marry the woman and had kids with her. He said they are not married etc, however, he is indeed legally married to her and she always refers to him as her husband and a good father. Even till this day, people refer to them as "Mr and Mrs".

So, I'm here trying to move on with my life and he keeps on coming back to me wanting to build a relationship with me, saying he's single and talking about introducing me to family + wedding plans. He also said the marriage wasn't a serious one etc.

But, his side of the story does not match what the woman is posting and saying about him and I refuse to be a side chick.

Can some please explain what it means?

Bump

Bump

ReputationRep:
    Contact the wife. Tell her about your relationship with him. She will set you straight whether they are together or not. If so, she has a right to know the type of man she is married to. As for you, if this is the case, stay away from him.

ReputationRep:
    Don't speak to him. He's clearly using you as a side chick. There is no way he would leave his wife and children for you, sorry to say that but if he wanted to leave his wife he would have done it by now without fearing the consequences of his actions.

I personally wouldn't want to break up a family and be known as a home wrecker (in this case you didn't know he was married and had kids etc) which is fair enough so you have my sympathy 😊 although I would tell his wife about his actions, make sure you have proof (screenshots etc).

If I were you, I'd let it go and move on with my life with someone who has no baggage.

ReputationRep:
    Yur just his side piece, leeeaaaaave itttttttttt

ReputationRep:
    You know how to resolve this.
    Contact his wife, tell her everything, use her reaction to better understand what the hell is going on.

But to me, it's a no-win situation. If they are still together then you don't need me to tell you he is scum. But if there is some truth to what he's saying, the situation sounds pretty ****ed up anyway.

(Original post by Twinpeaks)
    You know how to resolve this.
    Contact his wife, tell her everything, use her reaction to better understand what the hell is going on.

But to me, it's a no-win situation. If they are still together then you don't need me to tell you he is scum. But if there is some truth to what he's saying, the situation sounds pretty ****ed up anyway.
    (Original post by markova21)
    Contact the wife. Tell her about your relationship with him. She will set you straight whether they are together or not. If so, she has a right to know the type of man she is married to. As for you, if this is the case, stay away from him.
    I've reached out to the wife months ago, but she chose to ignore my message. So, it's difficult for me to get her side of the story.

He just keeps referring to her as a bad person, but it doesn't seem to add up at all.

(Original post by Ishax)
    Don't speak to him. He's clearly using you as a side chick. There is no way he would leave his wife and children for you, sorry to say that but if he wanted to leave his wife he would have done it by now without fearing the consequences of his actions.

I personally wouldn't want to break up a family and be known as a home wrecker (in this case you didn't know he was married and had kids etc) which is fair enough so you have my sympathy 😊 although I would tell his wife about his actions, make sure you have proof (screenshots etc).

If I were you, I'd let it go and move on with my life with someone who has no baggage.
    Thank you, this is absolutely true. I don't want to be the cause of a broken home nor do I want to get involved with something so deep like that.

He says they got married for business reasons only, but it seems like it's more than just business to me.

It's hard when we are in the same class, studying the same degree as I have to see him most of the times and work as a team.

(Original post by OfficialChemist)
    Yur just his side piece, leeeaaaaave itttttttttt
    Exactly and I know for sure that my mum didn't bring me into this world to take the title of a side chick. Hell no!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Exactly and I know for sure that my mum didn't bring me into this world to take the title of a side chick. Hell no!
    Preach it babes

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Thank you, this is absolutely true. I don't want to be the cause of a broken home nor do I want to get involved with something so deep like that.

He says they got married for business reasons only, but it seems like it's more than just business to me.

It's hard when we are in the same class, studying the same degree as I have to see him most of the times and work as a team.
    Seriously! 😞 who gets married for business reasons and has two children?

Just tell him to **** off and he'll get the message otherwise he'll use you to his advantages.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: November 13, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Break up or unrequited love?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.