Join TSR now and get answers to all your questions about uniSign up now

Product design portfolio

University Navigation

ReputationRep:
    I am currently doing Fine Art, Geography, Maths and ICT for A levels and am looking to apply for product design at this university. I have a lot of sketchbook work and large pieces that I can put in my portfolio, but I have no sketches of models, ideas or prototypes to add in that relate to Product design. Is it necessary to have these for a strong portfolio?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ocharlton)
    I am currently doing Fine Art, Geography, Maths and ICT for A levels and am looking to apply for product design at this university. I have a lot of sketchbook work and large pieces that I can put in my portfolio, but I have no sketches of models, ideas or prototypes to add in that relate to Product design. Is it necessary to have these for a strong portfolio?
    I am applying for the same course but currently I'm doing maths, physics and economics. So can you give me any suggestions on how much and what to do for my portfolio.
    thanks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by champ_sakar)
    I am applying for the same course but currently I'm doing maths, physics and economics. So can you give me any suggestions on how much and what to do for my portfolio.
    thanks
    Because I've been doing art in school, a lot of it consists of my sketchbook work and pieces I have done in school. I have done around 20 pages of work (PDF) and written about pieces that I have done both in and out of school. If you don't take art, you could do some sketches and paintings of anything around your house to show you can draw. I've heard they also really like workshop and sculptures in portfolios but I haven't included them as I don't have the chance.

ReputationRep:
    Hi there,

If you are invited to interview it will indeed be possible for you to bring along a portfolio. This is not necessary however meaning there is no specific guidance on what to include so please do not worry.The choice on what to include is entirely your own and it would just be important for you to show the work you are most proud of that will aid in strengthening your application. I hope this helps!

Adam, askBU Adviser.

Poll
Which party will you be voting for in the General Election 2017?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.