Join TSR now to have your say on this topicSign up now

Trump is for 4 years, Brexit is for forever

ReputationRep:
    I know I will get shot down by the Brexit nazis, but a lot of people who say Trump was democratically elected and Brexit was a democratic choice and we should get over it, treat the two situations as the same.

And don't say the obvious clique 'the people voted, get over it' because there's no point saying what we already know!

The fact is when the proverbial hits the fan, Trump can be voted out in four years or even impeached so Trump is not there forever.

With Brexit when the proverbial hits the fan there is NO going back! Even if things get so bad that 80% of people decide we made the wrong choice! We can't go back in four years have another vote and ask the EU to let us back in because they will just stick two fingers at us, and you can't blame them for that.

Its not helped by the huge number of pro-remain MPs south of the border who have given up the fight and want a super hard Brexit even some who suggest pulling out of the council of Europe too whilst ignoring growing numbers of those who want a second chance.

With Brexit it was democracy for 1 day and that's it. No more votes.
    With Trump it was democracy now and another vote in 4 years.

It's not the same.

ReputationRep:
    That's you that is .....

Spoiler:
    Show

Name:  broken record.jpg
Views: 40
Size:  2.7 KB

ReputationRep:
    What's your favourite flavour of crisps?

Ready Salted or Salt & Vinegar?

ReputationRep:
    I think there is life beyond EU. There's nothing to stop us joining again. Admittedly it would be a bit longer than 4 years ahead. As to Trump he could get the world in a pretty awful mess in 4 years. Plus the US seem to give all their presidents a second term whatever. Look at Bush.

ReputationRep:
    The Trump effect will last forever as well, just look at all the wonderful far-right surges we've seen since Trump came into the picture.

ReputationRep:
    TBH, I was for leaving the EU, and I don't see how anyone who voted against it can complain beacause nothing, apart from a new PM the pound falling for a few weeks, has happened. I suspect Trump may well be voted in again, that is, if the Western world exists after four years of a Trump presidency.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tazmaniac97)
    You racist piece of sh*t, people like you make me disgusted to be a human. Evil witch
    this is offensive to the Wicca community ?

ReputationRep:
    The first British Politician Trump saw was Nigel Farage. I think that speaks for itself.

ReputationRep:
    Brexit isn't forever, we can still reapply to become a part of the EU (if we actually leave).

ReputationRep:
    The point you're making is... what exactly? You've stated the obvious in a really whiny way but is there a conclusion at the end that's actually something we didn't already know or...?
    (Original post by tazmaniac97)
    You racist piece of sh*t, people like you make me disgusted to be a human. Evil witch
    I mean that dude often posts trash but that post in particular did not need a decry of racism. This is exactly what that Jonathan pie bloke was on about.
    Spoiler:
    Show

Poll
Which party will you be voting for in the General Election 2017?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.