Join TSR now and get answers to all your questions about uniSign up now

Offers

ReputationRep:
    Hey!
    I'm really freaking out at this point. I've sent my UCAS application on October 10th ( Cambridge, Warwick, St. Andrews, UCL and Warwick) and haven't received any offers yet. I applied for economics and I really thought I had a good chance of getting in ( SAT 2180, SAT Physics 800, SAT Math level 2 760 and an average of 10/10 in school). I also have many EC activities and work experience. Could my PS really have been that bad? Do you think I still have any chance of getting offers?

(Original post by abcdapplicant)
    Hey!
    I'm really freaking out at this point. I've sent my UCAS application on October 10th ( Cambridge, Warwick, St. Andrews, UCL and Warwick) and haven't received any offers yet. I applied for economics and I really thought I had a good chance of getting in ( SAT 2180, SAT Physics 800, SAT Math level 2 760 and an average of 10/10 in school). I also have many EC activities and work experience. Could my PS really have been that bad? Do you think I still have any chance of getting offers?
    St Andrews says that they will get back to international applicants on the 3rd week of November at the latest if we apply early so I wouldn't worry too much about them yet. For Cambridge, of course you won't have offers yet and they are only starting to give out interview offers. I don't have an offer from UCL too lool (slightly worried about them but I am chalking it up to being international applicants so they can't give us offers as a condition for attending their open day.) - I assume you are an international applicant because of the SATs? and Warwick from what I heard is pretty competitive. I would have faith and wait

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by wolfmoon88)
    St Andrews says that they will get back to international applicants on the 3rd week of November at the latest if we apply early so I wouldn't worry too much about them yet. For Cambridge, of course you won't have offers yet and they are only starting to give out interview offers. I don't have an offer from UCL too lool (slightly worried about them but I am chalking it up to being international applicants so they can't give us offers as a condition for attending their open day.) - I assume you are an international applicant because of the SATs? and Warwick from what I heard is pretty competitive. I would have faith and wait
    Yes, I'm an international applicant. I'm worried mainly because many of my classmates already got offers from Warwick

(Original post by abcdapplicant)
    Yes, I'm an international applicant. I'm worried mainly because many of my classmates already got offers from Warwick
    If it helps my friend who has a 2200+ SAT, 55554 in APs and 2 800s in SAT 2s does not have an offer from Warwick yet as well so you have nothing to worry about.

ReputationRep:
    British universities take waaaaaaay longer than American colleges. You could be waiting for many months. I've heard of people not hearing back from UCL till March. Don't think that if they really really want you they'll give you an offer quickly.

ReputationRep:
    You could be waiting any time up to around March, you can't really do anything to speed it up. There's no need to panic or be worried in the mean time. Some universities give out offers right away, some wait until all applications have been received, others give offers out by course and such, there's really no knowing, just relax in the mean time

Write a reply… Reply
Submit reply
Updated: November 14, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Poll
Which party will you be voting for in the General Election 2017?
Applying to uni

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Graduates celebrate

How to write a good personal statement

Expert PS advice from the people who will read it

Uni match

Uni match

Can't decide where to apply? Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Two students working together

A-Z of universities

Read our guides to unis and colleges from around the UK

A student working on a computer

Personal statement help

Use our tool to get your ideal PS quickly!

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student looking down a microscope

Planning open days

Find upcoming open days and get advice on preparing.

Help out other students

These questions still need an answer

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.