Ninagabriella
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
How do you point evidence explain in English I still don't know how to point evidence explain throughly lot get a A/8 new GCSE please help
PQ
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Ninagabriella)
How do you point evidence explain in English I still don't know how to point evidence explain throughly lot get a A/8 new GCSE please help
I'm sorry but what you've posted doesn't make any sense - can you try again with predictive text turned off?
Juno
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by PQ)
I'm sorry but what you've posted doesn't make any sense - can you try again with predictive text turned off?
"point evidence explain" is a thing you do when writing essays at gcse level. It's like widec or siced - it makes no sense if you haven't been trained. But you make a point (this is silly), you give your evidence (this is silly because I said so) and then you explain the point (because it is silly I don't know why I'm posting here).

They want to know how to use this technique to get an A grade, or an 8 as it is now known, in their GCSE.
PQ
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Juno)
"point evidence explain" is a thing you do when writing essays at gcse level. It's like widec or siced - it makes no sense if you haven't been trained. But you make a point (this is silly), you give your evidence (this is silly because I said so) and then you explain the point (because it is silly I don't know why I'm posting here).

They want to know how to use this technique to get an A grade, or an 8 as it is now known, in their GCSE.
Ahhhh

so a thread in the wrong place rather than gibberish
Good bloke
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by PQ)
Ahhhh

so a thread in the wrong place rather than gibberish
There is scope for a post to be both. The ability to translate jargon, like "point evidence explain", into sensible English for the general reader is not necessarily taught and tested within the British education system nowadays, judging by the number of people coming out of the system that can't (or don't) do it.
Ninagabriella
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
??? I meant I need to learn how to point evidence explain for writing English essays etc and creative writing
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Sheffield Hallam University
    Get into Teaching in South Yorkshire Undergraduate
    Wed, 26 Feb '20
  • The University of Law
    Solicitor Series: Assessing Trainee Skills – LPC, GDL and MA Law - London Moorgate campus Postgraduate
    Wed, 26 Feb '20
  • University of East Anglia
    PGCE Open day Postgraduate
    Sat, 29 Feb '20

People at uni: do initiations (like heavy drinking) put you off joining sports societies?

Yes (422)
67.41%
No (204)
32.59%

Watched Threads