Join TSR now and get all your revision questions answeredSign up now

GCSE English point evidence explain

ReputationRep:
    How do you point evidence explain in English I still don't know how to point evidence explain throughly lot get a A/8 new GCSE please help

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ninagabriella)
    How do you point evidence explain in English I still don't know how to point evidence explain throughly lot get a A/8 new GCSE please help
    I'm sorry but what you've posted doesn't make any sense - can you try again with predictive text turned off?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PQ)
    I'm sorry but what you've posted doesn't make any sense - can you try again with predictive text turned off?
    "point evidence explain" is a thing you do when writing essays at gcse level. It's like widec or siced - it makes no sense if you haven't been trained. But you make a point (this is silly), you give your evidence (this is silly because I said so) and then you explain the point (because it is silly I don't know why I'm posting here).

They want to know how to use this technique to get an A grade, or an 8 as it is now known, in their GCSE.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Juno)
    "point evidence explain" is a thing you do when writing essays at gcse level. It's like widec or siced - it makes no sense if you haven't been trained. But you make a point (this is silly), you give your evidence (this is silly because I said so) and then you explain the point (because it is silly I don't know why I'm posting here).

They want to know how to use this technique to get an A grade, or an 8 as it is now known, in their GCSE.
    Ahhhh

so a thread in the wrong place rather than gibberish

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PQ)
    Ahhhh

so a thread in the wrong place rather than gibberish
    There is scope for a post to be both. The ability to translate jargon, like "point evidence explain", into sensible English for the general reader is not necessarily taught and tested within the British education system nowadays, judging by the number of people coming out of the system that can't (or don't) do it.

ReputationRep:
    ??? I meant I need to learn how to point evidence explain for writing English essays etc and creative writing

Poll
Which party will you be voting for in the General Election 2017?
Useful resources

Make your revision easier

OMAM

Ultimate Of Mice And Men Thread

Plot, context, character analysis and everything in between.

Notes

Revision Hub

All our revision materials in one place

Love books

Common grammar and vocabulary problems

Get your questions asked and answered

Useful literary websitesStudy help rules and posting guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.