Join TSR now and get answers to all your questions about uniSign up now

ReputationRep:
    I'm hopefully going to be sending my application this week, hoping for Wednesday at the latest. Just wondering has anyone received offers yet and if so what are they? Has anyone received an unconditional?

ReputationRep:
    Glasgow unconditional for maths
    • Political Ambassador
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mystery.)
    Glasgow unconditional for maths
    Really unconditional? How did that happen?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Illimitable)
    Scottish Applicant for first year entry so I already have the grades lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Illimitable)
    She achieved or most likely exceeded the entry requirements.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Is St Andrews your first choice ?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RossB1702)
    Is St Andrews your first choice ?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Yup.

ReputationRep:
    Anyone know what Universities acgtually offer uncondtional offers? Do they offer them to students who are stitting A levels now or only those who are mature students and have their grades already?

ReputationRep:
    I have conditionals from leeds and warwick.
    I have quite a few friends with unconditionals from birmingham and nottingham but I haven't applied for either of those.

ReputationRep:
    Yup.
    May I ask why ? Is it because it's first in Scotland for maths or something else ? I've heard that it's quite boring in terms of the social aspect because a lot of people tend to focus on their studies. May not be entirely true it's I've just heard it from a couple people.

ReputationRep:
    Ooooh Good Luck with your application!
    So far i have an unconditional offer from Royal Holloway and conditional offers from Kings, Bristol and Cardiff! 😉

ReputationRep:
    May I ask why ? Is it because it's first in Scotland for maths or something else ? I've heard that it's quite boring in terms of the social aspect because a lot of people tend to focus on their studies. May not be entirely true it's I've just heard it from a couple people.
    Yeah, and I have heard that too but I am a pretty unsocialable person anyways so doesn't bother me. :laugh:

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, and I have heard that too but I am a pretty unsocialable person anyways so doesn't bother me. :laugh:
    You never know, uni life might bring out your inner shell and you might realise that you would like going out at night and enjoy city life. The best places for that would be Glasgow and Edinburgh.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Unconditional for Law at Birmingham and conditional from Cardiff.
    Applied on the 20th of October.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jamesstanley17)
    Anyone know what Universities acgtually offer uncondtional offers? Do they offer them to students who are stitting A levels now or only those who are mature students and have their grades already?
    I know Birmingham and Nottingham do unconditionals for undergraduates. I had one from Birmingham the other day

ReputationRep:
    You never know, uni life might bring out your inner shell and you might realise that you would like going out at night and enjoy city life. The best places for that would be Glasgow and Edinburgh.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I don't know but I guess I'll just have to wait and see. I mean you could go to Dundee probably.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jamesstanley17)
    I'm hopefully going to be sending my application this week, hoping for Wednesday at the latest. Just wondering has anyone received offers yet and if so what are they? Has anyone received an unconditional?
    I have an unconditional from Nottingham and I haven't sat my A-levels yet. Unconditionals before you've sat A-levels tend only to be unconditional if you put them as your firm choice. It's all a marketing ploy really - they generally give them to students with straight A*s (or almost) at GCSE, straight As at AS and at least one A*and the rest As predicted at A-level. The more unpopular your subject, the more likely you are to get one (German for the win). They're to draw in students who they know would probably go somewhere else otherwise - I wouldn't mind going to Notts at all, but they'll probably only be my insurance. It's great if you get one, but unless you don't think you can achieve your predicted grades, you shouldn't take them unless that uni really is your favourite of all your choices. I've heard unis occasionally give them to people who won't quite make the grades, who they want because they've competed in national sports teams or something. But yeah, with good grades, you can get unconditionals before you sit A-levels, and you can get them to some RG unis.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by malaikahkk)
    I know Birmingham and Nottingham do unconditionals for undergraduates. I had one from Birmingham the other day
    I have seen a lot with uncondtionals from Birmingham, I wish I was applying to there
    • Political Ambassador
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Ohh right. Congratulations!
    • Political Ambassador
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    She achieved or most likely exceeded the entry requirements.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Oh, thank you!

Poll
Which web browser do you use?
Applying to uni

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Graduates celebrate

How to write a good personal statement

Expert PS advice from the people who will read it

Uni match

Uni match

Can't decide where to apply? Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Two students working together

A-Z of universities

Read our guides to unis and colleges from around the UK

A student working on a computer

Personal statement help

Use our tool to get your ideal PS quickly!

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student looking down a microscope

Planning open days

Find upcoming open days and get advice on preparing.

Help out other students

These questions still need an answer

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.