Join TSR now for chat about life, relationships, fashion and more…Sign up now

Feeling unmotivated and sad Watch

ReputationRep:
    I am overwhelmed by feelings of loneliness my life is just home and school I just sleep or do nothing at home it has gotten to the point that I see no point studying or doing anything I feel no joy.I feel just trapped and isolated i have nothing to look forward to .I dread weekends they are so boring I don't feel like studying or doing anything.I tried to make friends but my parents do not understand that these "friends"I don't really like them and i cannot really relate to anyone and be who I really am and say how I feel but then again there is no one that i can really tell how i feel deep inside.

(Original post by Anonymous1502)
    I am overwhelmed by feelings of loneliness my life is just home and school I just sleep or do nothing at home it has gotten to the point that I see no point studying or doing anything I feel no joy.I feel just trapped and isolated i have nothing to look forward to .I dread weekends they are so boring I don't feel like studying or doing anything.I tried to make friends but my parents do not understand that these "friends"I don't really like them and i cannot really relate to anyone and be who I really am and say how I feel but then again there is no one that i can really tell how i feel deep inside.
    What year are you in?

You're probably the kind of person that doesn't necessarily need to be surrounded by people and it might end up making you feel worse, I know too much time around my friends makes me feel worse
    Do you have a dog by any chance? I love walking my dog or riding my horse for hours at a time, usually stops those kind of feelings
    Hope you feel better soon

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    What year are you in?
    Year 11.I just feel so deflated being rejected from 3 schools this week has really been just sad.

you're not the only one. i've gone through this for about two years. god speed brother

ReputationRep:
    you're not the only one. i've gone through this for about two years. god speed brother
    What do you mean?

ReputationRep:
    You're probably the kind of person that doesn't necessarily need to be surrounded by people and it might end up making you feel worse, I know too much time around my friends makes me feel worse
    Do you have a dog by any chance? I love walking my dog or riding my horse for hours at a time, usually stops those kind of feelings
    Hope you feel better soon
    No I only talk to these people in school otherwise i do not talk to them as i don't really like them i am tired of my parents all the time having a go at me for not having friends.

What do you mean?

i thought the feeling of me feeling down, empty, alone, not wanting to be alive was just a fad during sixth form and was going to disappear. turns out its followed me into my second year of university, i haven't gone to see anybody so i don't want to put a label onto anything, but thats how i feel.

ReputationRep:
    i thought the feeling of me feeling down, empty, alone, not wanting to be alive was just a fad during sixth form and was going to disappear. turns out its followed me into my second year of university, i haven't gone to see anybody so i don't want to put a label onto anything, but thats how i feel.
    I feel very similar I feel lonely which is a state of mind i can be in crows surrounded by people but inside I feel scared and lonely i feel like my own parent sod not want to spend time with me .My parents need to understand that loneliness is a state of mind not being.I can go out with friends who are not really my friends but at the end of the day I will still feel hollow and lonely because it is a state of mind not of being.All I ever do is clean go to school and from school home eat etc.I do not like going out on my own I feel scared to be honest I once fell really hard onto the pavement when I went out on my own for a walk I think it was because inside I felt scared.Loneliness is not through choice it is a complex thing I believe.

I feel like I cannot study anymore or relax or do anything in fact.I have do my homeworks quickly i don't revise for tests because inside I feel done for I feel like i have nothing left nothing to look forward to.I work hard during weekday for what?I want to have a good future but inside I am finding it hard to get back up.

No I only talk to these people in school otherwise i do not talk to them as i don't really like them i am tired of my parents all the time having a go at me for not having friends.
    It's not up to your parents whether you have friends or not. Tell them to stop having a go at you for it. It's your life after all

ReputationRep:
    It's not up to your parents whether you have friends or not. Tell them to stop having a go at you for it. It's your life after all
    They don't understand loneliness they think make friends invite them over.I don't choose to be lonely I don't want to be around others as I am tired of putting up a show all the time being this person I know it sound ironic perhaps but loneliness is complicated it causes me great saddness because I feel like I want to have friends etc but I don't want to at the same time.I feel worried about my academic preformance as usually I am an A/A* student and recently I don't understand what is going on I don't find the work hard but I am not working hard like I used to.I feel desperate for love my parents find it annoying that I keep demanding their love and i want to hear it all the time but I need it.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: November 13, 2016
Poll
Which Fantasy Franchise is the best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.