Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
I will be doing
Maths
Economics
BTEC engineering
Geography

Are these goods subjects to get into a good uni specifically for accounting and finance
rosie.mn
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Depends what you mean by 'good uni', only some russell group universities accept BTECs, however maths and geography are both facilitating subjects therefore highly regarded by universities. Economics is clearly appropriate for finance, so that's a good choice. I would just advise you to look into which unis accept btec qualifications, oxbridge don't. However if it's something you're interested in, it might be worth a try just for the enjoyment as most unis only require 3 a levels, and you're doing a levels too so it should be good!!
ions
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
I suspect the BTEC might cause you some trouble but as you have three A levels, two of which are facilitating, you would probably be alright. If you wanted to be safe you should take a fourth A level/just AS (if possible) instead of the BTEC.
You could look up some unis you are interested in and see their stance on BTECs
TomHibbs12
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Look at the requirements of what uni you want to target. If you can meet them, you have a good shot. Good levels in maths, economics and geography would be particularly good as they are well regarded by universities.
Engineering shows a breadth of skills, but some universities will not be interested in the BTEC as a qualification (but they may be interested in the skills gained from it). Have a look what the unis say.
username2471155
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by abdul2007)
I will be doing
Maths
Economics
BTEC engineering
Geography

Are these goods subjects to get into a good uni specifically for accounting and finance
Look at the universities that you want to go to and see if they accept BTEC.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...

All the exam results help you need

people online now

students helped last year
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Dundee
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Mon, 26 Aug '19
  • University of Aberdeen
    General Open Day Undergraduate
    Tue, 27 Aug '19
  • Norwich University of the Arts
    Postgraduate (MA) Open Day Postgraduate
    Sat, 31 Aug '19

How are you feeling about GCSE Results Day?

Hopeful (215)
12.42%
Excited (159)
9.19%
Worried (307)
17.74%
Terrified (383)
22.13%
Meh (176)
10.17%
Confused (37)
2.14%