Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Nat5 Prelims, Burnout and Studying-HELP!! Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    So my prelims (Maths, English, French, Chemistry, Physics, Computing and Geography) start on the 25th of november. I have a paper round so im tired a lot and when I come home to study I just dont have the energy to. My mum says i should be studying for 4 hours a day at least but personally i feel thats bs especially when ive been told by several teachers they dont count for anything. They cant even boost your total score with them if u do bad in actual exam anymore apparently but my parents are having none of it. Most of all I just feel burnt out and I dont actually do bad in school ive passed all my uasps so far and only once got under an A. Even on that occasion i got 84% and its normally 75 but they boosted the "A" requirements to 85%. I've done some study here and there but mostly just homework, assignments and revision for tests. I feel overrun and Burnt out and I've barely studied. Will I be ok? I'm not actually worried about doing below an A but I'm worried about how my parents will "react" to it.

As a sidenote i'd like to add I want to go to uni to study computing.

I will also link a photo of the books i got for study. Are they any good?

ReputationRep:
    Name:  14790671281671617788956.jpg
Views: 14
Size:  504.7 KB

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: November 13, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Break up or unrequited love?
    Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered welcome lounge threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.