Join TSR now and get answers to all your questions about uniSign up now

Are my grades good enough for cambridge, durham...

ReputationRep:
    Hello.
    Right now I'm doing AS, however my teachers are saying I'm going to get top grades. Because I'm revising a lot and on mocks we have I'm usually getting As.
    However my bigger problem are my GCSE. They are terrible also I took year off just to retake them because they were even worst before.
    Maths- A*
    English Language- A
    English Literature- A
    Core science- A
    Additional Science- A
    Geography- A
    Polish- A
    RE- C
    Business Studies- D
    Media- F
    Pe Btec- PASS
    Media (I think it was media Creative writing media something like that), I did it at college after year 11 - Distinction
    ECDL- Merit

Now, my and my teachers prediction for AS results:
    Biology- A
    Psychology- A
    Geography- A
    English combined- A

Yes, I do realize that most of unis would but me as disadvantage because of my GCSE's. I wish to do Law at Cambridge (I know this is impossible with my grades), Durham, Exeter, Southampton, UCL. Are my chances of getting into any of this unis are that low as I think. Also I'm repeat myself, Cambridge is my stupid dream. It's just because I was lazy I did't revise for my GCSES's and I had to retake them. Also In my situation should I carry fourth a level. Would doing 4 alevels put me in better position?
    Should I apply to lower unis?

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:
    How should we know until u get your AS grades? Thats probably the most important, since to even get an offer u need to meet minimum requirements. Your A2 predictions will let the uni know if you meet the minimum requirements. Each person is different and get offers on a case to case basis, noone here can tell u whether or not you'll get a definite offer, we're not uni admissions.

Poll
Which party will you be voting for in the General Election 2017?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.