Join TSR now for chat about life, relationships, fashion and more…Sign up now

Should I go on this date? Watch

Started talking to this guy a few days ago and he's asked me out, but I'm not sure if I want to date him. I'm not even sure if I'm ready for a relationship, but I am at the age where I need to start thinking about settling down. He's good looking, but I wouldn't say he's my type. I'm also expected to settle down with someone from a wealthy family, which his family isn't. Although, he went to a moderately good university, and did really well in his degree and now has a good job. He's actually a lot more intelligent than I am. I don't know if I'd be wasting my time though. Part of me wants to go for the experience and I could end up liking him, but the other part just wants to hold back.

What should I do?
    • Political Ambassador
    • Welcome Squad

How old are you?

Plus, you don't need to 'think about settling down' at any age-life is what you want it to be.

(Original post by Nirvana1989-1994)
    How old are you?

Plus, you don't need to 'think about settling down' at any age-life is what you want it to be.
    25. I feel I am a bit past it
    • Political Ambassador
    • Welcome Squad

(Original post by Anonymous)
    25. I feel I am a bit past it
    You're not. 25 is nothing anyway. Don't do something, you don't want to do, because of some retarded social expectation.

ReputationRep:
    Try a date. What have you got to lose..

ReputationRep:
    Out of interest which culture are you from? It's a very dated perspective to settle into a family of wealth, millennials are a generation with many opportunities - maybe the expectation should be that you are aligned in ambition and work ethic towards a prosperous future together??

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: November 14, 2016
Poll
If you won £30,000, which of these would you spend it on?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.