Join TSR now for chat about life, relationships, fashion and more…Sign up now

Should I go on this date?

Started talking to this guy a few days ago and he's asked me out, but I'm not sure if I want to date him. I'm not even sure if I'm ready for a relationship, but I am at the age where I need to start thinking about settling down. He's good looking, but I wouldn't say he's my type. I'm also expected to settle down with someone from a wealthy family, which his family isn't. Although, he went to a moderately good university, and did really well in his degree and now has a good job. He's actually a lot more intelligent than I am. I don't know if I'd be wasting my time though. Part of me wants to go for the experience and I could end up liking him, but the other part just wants to hold back.

What should I do?

ReputationRep:
    How old are you?

Plus, you don't need to 'think about settling down' at any age-life is what you want it to be.

(Original post by Nirvana1989-1994)
    How old are you?

Plus, you don't need to 'think about settling down' at any age-life is what you want it to be.
    25. I feel I am a bit past it

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    25. I feel I am a bit past it
    You're not. 25 is nothing anyway. Don't do something, you don't want to do, because of some retarded social expectation.

ReputationRep:
    Try a date. What have you got to lose..

ReputationRep:
    Out of interest which culture are you from? It's a very dated perspective to settle into a family of wealth, millennials are a generation with many opportunities - maybe the expectation should be that you are aligned in ambition and work ethic towards a prosperous future together??

Write a reply… Reply
Submit reply
Updated: November 14, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Poll
Which party will you be voting for in the General Election 2017?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.