Join TSR now and get all your revision questions answeredSign up now

Which exam boards should I pick? Watch

ReputationRep:
    Heyyyyy everyone ^_^

I'm planning to resit the following subjects in the IGCSE scheme; but I'm wondering if I could have any recommendations on which examination board to choose, as I'm a tad bit unsure which (whether it be Edexcel, OCR etc)

Chemistry
    Biology
    Physics

Is it true with IGCSE's that there are no controlled assessments or coursework?
    Also is there a particular exam for each of the sciences that'll give me 3 IGCSE grades instead of 1 or 2?

All comments are welcomed!

Many thanks!

ReputationRep:
    bump :3

ReputationRep:
    No i dont think there's controlled assessment like with most of the new GCSEs

ReputationRep:
    IGCSE don't have coursework but it's harder then GCSE it's better to stick to gcses.

ReputationRep:
    IGCSEs (CIE) may be harder than the GCSEs but they prep you better for your IB/A levels. Granted, you may not be thinking about the next step in education at this point, but trust me, IGCSE sciences will help build up a stronger foundation for your sciences, should you choose to pursue them at IB/A levels

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nick198929)
    Heyyyyy everyone ^_^

I'm planning to resit the following subjects in the IGCSE scheme; but I'm wondering if I could have any recommendations on which examination board to choose, as I'm a tad bit unsure which (whether it be Edexcel, OCR etc)

Chemistry
    Biology
    Physics

Is it true with IGCSE's that there are no controlled assessments or coursework?
    Also is there a particular exam for each of the sciences that'll give me 3 IGCSE grades instead of 1 or 2?

All comments are welcomed!

Many thanks!
    AQA is the easiest out of all of them. CIE papers are sent from hell. (Personal experience)

Poll
How are you feeling about your A-level results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.