Join TSR now and get all your career questions answeredSign up now

ReputationRep:
    So, I have been applying for a part time job as I am looking for a little bit of disposable income,and I have come into a dilemma. I am 16 and in S5. This is equivalent to Lower Sixth,I believe.

I have two accepted offers! WTF? I am an absolute idiot.

I had a Christmas Temp job with Boots, which I accepted yesterday, I was offered the job on the spot at the interview. I hastily accepted.

Now, Primark, who were offering me a permanent position, phoned me today to say THEY wanted me. My interview with Primark was on Monday and they have just accepted me today, I didn't think I had got the job with Primark,which is why I accepted the job at Boots.

So, what do I do?
    A) Start at Primark, because it's permanent and they promised me that I could keep my job if I ever moved away for university. I am inclined to this option.
    B)Go to Boots, because I'll start sooner.
    C) Stay at Boots until I start at Primark, (around 2 weeks), if I don't like Primark I then can stay at Boots.
    Or D) Try and juggle both jobs, the shifts are on different days, I'd be working 16 hours per week for around 7 weeks and don't tell either employer I've another job. This is my dad's madcap idea.

Gosh, I'm so stuck.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Queen G)
    So, I have been applying for a part time job as I am looking for a little bit of disposable income,and I have come into a dilemma. I am 16 and in S5. This is equivalent to Lower Sixth,I believe.

I have two accepted offers! WTF? I am an absolute idiot.

I had a Christmas Temp job with Boots, which I accepted yesterday, I was offered the job on the spot at the interview. I hastily accepted.

Now, Primark, who were offering me a permanent position, phoned me today to say THEY wanted me. My interview with Primark was on Monday and they have just accepted me today, I didn't think I had got the job with Primark,which is why I accepted the job at Boots.

So, what do I do?
    A) Start at Primark, because it's permanent and they promised me that I could keep my job if I ever moved away for university. I am inclined to this option.
    B)Go to Boots, because I'll start sooner.
    C) Stay at Boots until I start at Primark, (around 2 weeks), if I don't like Primark I then can stay at Boots.
    Or D) Try and juggle both jobs, the shifts are on different days, I'd be working 16 hours per week for around 7 weeks and don't tell either employer I've another job. This is my dad's madcap idea.

Gosh, I'm so stuck.
    Definitely do not do D

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AshEntropy)
    Definitely do not do D
    Yes, I agree. Four Highers and a National 5 I need to pass in order to get into uni,prelims a week after the Christmas holidays finish. D would be awful.

ReputationRep:
    Look into what it is like working at both primark and boots. See where you'd feel you would enjoy yourself more. Weigh up pros and cons - and pick one. Do not try 2 jobs like that esp with revision to be doing.

Poll
If you won £30,000, which of these would you spend it on?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.