Join TSR now and get all your revision questions answeredSign up now

Studying Further Maths

ReputationRep:
    Is this as effective/realistic as possible or not?

My plan is to:

1 Do all MyMaths tasks for M1 and D1 to 100% within 16 days; a chapter a day
    (Deadline being 16th December)
    2 Do every question in Edexcel's FP1 book with 6 days to complete
    (Deadline being 25th December)
    3 Do at least 1 past paper for:
    M1 on Mondays
    D1 on Tuesdays
    FP1 on Wednesday
    -but resit each paper a week then 2 weeks later for spaced repetition.

Also, if you have any tips for Further maths in general I would highly appreciate it.

ReputationRep:
    I did S1 in a day and a half and have taken 3 days for S2 hoping to finish of in the next 2 or 3 days.

with hard work a week for M1 is definitely realistic but I do emphasize with hard work.

D1 and FP1 I have heard from others is easy, but have not verified that for myself yet.

your targets are ambitious but for many able students realistic, Just you would need to work very hard to achieve.

ReputationRep:
    Do some of the IAL papers as well, but remember for FP1, the questions with the \alpha and \beta roots stuff is not on the GCE syllabus, so you can skip that. There are some stuff that has come up in the D1 IAL papers which hasn't come up in the GCE ones, but it did come up on the 2016 paper, so it's useful. There are some things in FP1 that have never been tested, make sure you know them, so you're not surprised in the exam.

Use Madasmaths.com as well, it was very helpful, especially for proof by induction.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Luke7456)
    I did S1 in a day and a half and have taken 3 days for S2 hoping to finish of in the next 2 or 3 days.

with hard work a week for M1 is definitely realistic but I do emphasize with hard work.

D1 and FP1 I have heard from others is easy, but have not verified that for myself yet.

your targets are ambitious but for many able students realistic, Just you would need to work very hard to achieve.
    Thanks for the encouragement and motivation

How is S2 in terms of difficulty and content?

(Original post by Luke7456)

Thanks for the resources and help

However, I noticed some past papers don't load up but its not an issue there are many provided.

Thanks again

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheRealLifeBane)
    Thanks for the encouragement and motivation

How is S2 in terms of difficulty and content?

Thanks for the resources and help

However, I noticed some past papers don't load up but its not an issue there are many provided.

Thanks again
    S2 I would say is between C2 and C3 in terms of difficulty. really is not much harder then C2. However you should probably have C2 completed before you start it, otherwise you might get confused in places.

Poll
Which party will you be voting for in the General Election 2017?
Useful resources

Make your revision easier

Maths

Maths Forum posting guidelines

Not sure where to post? Read the updated guidelines here

Equations

How to use LaTex

Writing equations the easy way

Student revising

Study habits of A* students

Top tips from students who have already aced their exams

Study Planner

Create your own Study Planner

Never miss a deadline again

Polling station sign

Thinking about a maths degree?

Chat with other maths applicants

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.