Join TSR now and get all your revision questions answeredSign up now

How or how not to be a successful person

ReputationRep:
    hey there saw GYG and thought why not either this will hlp me become v.v. successful person, height of elegance ect ect or will just be another tool in procrastination to add t my large shed of procrastinating tools.

I just did my GCSEs earlier this year and got:
    A*-physics, maths, geography, RE, chemistry
    A- English lit, biology, PE, French
    B- English lang (screw you bear grylls)

some of those were expected and others were surprises and a little bit of disapointments. i definetly could've worked harder had I been a bit more organised oh well..... I mean I would go on about how I am going to repeat my A* success but genuinely can't remember. whoops

flash forward several boring months I am now taking a-levels.yay! (sarcasm) either way I am taking biology chemistry physics and maths and its ok I wouldn't say its going horrifically but its not fantastic hence we are gunna do something about it... any thing

my ambition is to be a doctor and i'm currently undertaking four lots of volunteering a week along with hockey along with school and then anything else that happens to be thrown at me, the result busy busy busy. hopefully this will help me make the most of the time am not doing stuff.

I haven't exactly thought how I am gunna grow me grades but we'll get there. if you guys have any tips or advice or just want a general chat pls go ahead.

thanks in advance xx

ReputationRep:
    In all honesty, volunteering is great but I would focus your time on your A-levels.

You've picked several very difficult A-levels and I would probably suggest dropping physics at A2 to help you engage more with biology and chem which are definitely subjects you should be getting high grades in to be a doctor.

My best advice is make timetables for your time, even when you're not in exam season and study at least 1 1/2 hours a night if you can.

Speak to universities and go to open days and see what they look for in an applicant. If you are volunteering then applicable volunteering would be better such as in your local hospice- as you will be able to put this on your personal statement.

Good luck :-)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by VikkiHanley)
    In all honesty, volunteering is great but I would focus your time on your A-levels.

You've picked several very difficult A-levels and I would probably suggest dropping physics at A2 to help you engage more with biology and chem which are definitely subjects you should be getting high grades in to be a doctor.

My best advice is make timetables for your time, even when you're not in exam season and study at least 1 1/2 hours a night if you can.

Speak to universities and go to open days and see what they look for in an applicant. If you are volunteering then applicable volunteering would be better such as in your local hospice- as you will be able to put this on your personal statement.

Good luck :-)
    Thanks so much, I am really struggling with what to drop at AS and even though we don't have to decide until febuary I'm quite worried about it. I never thought about dropping one to better engage with the chemistry and biology (sounds a bit silly me not thinking of it now) but thank you!!!

ReputationRep:
    Chemistry test today-did not know that...

Before I completely forgot to put my grades, that may be helpful.
    Predicted grades
    Maths-A
    Physics-A
    Chemistry-A
    Biology-A

Latest grades
    Maths-A
    Physics-C
    Biology-C
    Chemistry-A

Does anybody have any physics or biology revision tips😬🤔😱

Poll
Do you have exam superstitions?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.