Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Prescription hell Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    I have been on the contraceptive pill marvelon now for over 5 years i have not usually had trouble with getting my repeat prescription but the last 2 times the doctors have withheld it due to the fact i have put it in early i have always put it in early due to the fact that with marvelon you can skip a period by carring on the strip wich means the date that i am going to need my prescription is going to be early but whoever sorts out the repeats obviously doesn't understand this and keeps refusing them it is causing me upset and distress i put in my repeat and expect to get my medication not to come back 2 days later and be refused a medication that is important to take regularly it is starting to annoy me now thay have not questioned this for 5 years why are they doing this now if i put it in early i need it what rights do i have in this situation please help
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Have you told them this?
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Missybrady)
    I have been on the contraceptive pill marvelon now for over 5 years i have not usually had trouble with getting my repeat prescription but the last 2 times the doctors have withheld it due to the fact i have put it in early i have always put it in early due to the fact that with marvelon you can skip a period by carring on the strip wich means the date that i am going to need my prescription is going to be early but whoever sorts out the repeats obviously doesn't understand this and keeps refusing them it is causing me upset and distress i put in my repeat and expect to get my medication not to come back 2 days later and be refused a medication that is important to take regularly it is starting to annoy me now thay have not questioned this for 5 years why are they doing this now if i put it in early i need it what rights do i have in this situation please help
    Explain it to the pharmacist and doctors surgery. If that doesn't work make an appointment with a doctor or nurse and explain it to them. You should be able to have a note added to your prescription or something to explain that you skip part of it so need it early. If you ever run out because of it you can ask the pharmacy to do a loan/ emergency prescription or call the surgery and say you need to sort out medication now.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: November 13, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Should Spain allow Catalonia to declare independence?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.