Join TSR now and chat about whatever you’re intoSign up now

NaNoWriMo- how are you getting on?

ReputationRep:
    sinfonietta just reminded me I meant to make a thread on this! She's doing amazingly, sure there's plenty of other people at other stages around. It's something I've always thought would be cool to do but never actually thought about doing seriously, I'd be horrendous at it apart from anything else one day...

Anyone doing it? If you don't know what it is it's explained here, there's still time to sign up! Good luck writing 50,000 words in two weeks though, you're braver (or stupider? ) than me :lol:

ReputationRep:
    I don't even write that many words on TSR in a month (I don't think), so I probably couldn't even attempt that

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by UWS)
    I don't even write that many words on TSR in a month (I don't think), so I probably couldn't even attempt that
    Yeah, am the same :lol: although have quite a lot recently, would be interested in knowing how many... will leave all the creative stuff to other people I think, very impressive!

ReputationRep:
    If I didn't have about that many words in essay's due I'd have tried it :laugh:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chelseadagg3r)
    If I didn't have about that many words in essay's due I'd have tried it :laugh:
    What's your priority but yeah, think a lot of people are probably like that. Wondering if there's an option to do similar in different months, November is the main one but be interesting to see if they'd get participation at other times of the year too. Who knows

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I'm massively behind and if i'm honest I don't think I'm going to complete, but I'm going to push on (I am about 12k behind on what I should be at, so I need to basically try and write 4k minimum each day. Thankfully this week at sixth form I have a lot of free lessons so i'm going to try and do more than that!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by furryface12)
    What's your priority but yeah, think a lot of people are probably like that. Wondering if there's an option to do similar in different months, November is the main one but be interesting to see if they'd get participation at other times of the year too. Who knows

Posted from TSR Mobile
    :laugh:

It would be cool to try something like this out over the summer or something. Might have to do our own! :laugh:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chelseadagg3r)
    :laugh:

It would be cool to try something like this out over the summer or something. Might have to do our own! :laugh:
    There's Camp NaNo which does other months and you set your own goal

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rayofsunshine98)
    There's Camp NaNo which does other months and you set your own goal
    Ooh nice, I'll have to look into it. Thanks!

ReputationRep:
    There used to be WriMo's most months of the year. I helped run the April, May, and July events over 2009-2014. But one by one they all disappeared. The introduction of Camp NaNo kind of aided in that. Facebook groups are more popular in the WriMo world now. Camp runs in April and July now, I believe, unless they've moved it again haha.

Anyway, yes, hello! This is my eleventh year participating in NaNoWriMo and I'm on track for my eleventh win. At 35k so far and have yet to start writing today (the 14th).

I'm writing a YA piece this year about body image issues in teenage boys. Almost everything I write includes LGBT themes, and this project is no exception. It's my first time in a few years writing teenage characters, which is a little strange for me, but it's a fun break from the types of characters I usually write.

If anyone else is participating and coincidentally also writes LGBT characters, I've set-up a Discord server for LGBT writers. We've around 40 people so it's a good-sized and active, but not overwhelmingly busy, server. If you want the link PM me.

ReputationRep:
    I was going to try this this year, but things took a massive downhill spiral in my life at the beginning of November, resulting in just over a week in hospital amongst other things, and it fell by the wayside.

I might just use it as an excuse to start writing from now though, and not worry too much about the word count/timeline.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Liv1204)
    I was going to try this this year, but things took a massive downhill spiral in my life at the beginning of November, resulting in just over a week in hospital amongst other things, and it fell by the wayside.

I might just use it as an excuse to start writing from now though, and not worry too much about the word count/timeline.
    Hope you're feeling a bit better now :hugs: but yeah, that definitely sounds good! What sort of stuff do you like writing about?

One day left! Has anyone else managed to do it, or tried and given up? Sure there must be some of you about!

I did it for the first time this year, finished in 21 days :nutcase:

Thinking of editing it and making it available to buy at some point; I put each day's work on Facebook and got some good feedback, so that might be worth doing.

Poll
Which party will you be voting for in the General Election 2017?
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered creative corner threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.