The Student Room Group

No one should be up this late doing homework

I work at the weekends (Sat 11-4 Sun 10-4) which is reasonable as most people my age (17) have jobs that I know and my college actively encourages it and even gives you CV help and work experience that could lead to a part-time job. The only issue is how much homework we get on top of it!

My politics teacher in particular is the worst for it. He'll set us a homework task on Friday due in Monday so I can't even do it in my study blocks at college. This homework is one I've been doing on and off when I can since Friday evening and I'm still only half way through it! I know he'll flip if I don't do it (he's threatened to kick people out of the lesson if they haven't done the homework and genuinely we know he's not kidding... he's done it before). It's now gone 11:00 on Sunday night and I'm still working. I have no study blocks tomorrow so can't do it then... How am I expected to go to college 5 days a week, work for 2, AND do 5 hours of homework for one teacher?
Reply 1
Original post by greghayes
It's now gone 11:00 on Sunday night and I'm still working. I have no study blocks tomorrow so can't do it then... How am I expected to go to college 5 days a week, work for 2, AND do 5 hours of homework for one teacher?
I'm with you - I work 14-16 hours, though work want me to work 23 hours next week. For this one politics homework, if you really want to get it done by tomorrow - pull an all-nighter until you can finish it. I've stayed up until 4:30am to get homework done before.

Obviously though, really don't make a habit of that - and maybe get a group of friends with you and see the teacher about it. Maybe ask to move the politics homework to something like Monday and due in for Friday? That way it's possible for you to do it in the week. Failing that, can you get up really early and cram in a lot of homework before and after your shifts at work?

Also though - if you can keep your grades up all year and work, then stay working. If not you may want to change things up. Best of luck though ~ :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest