Join TSR now for chat about life, relationships, fashion and more…Sign up now

It's hard to meet guys who want a relationship.

It seems that relationships are hard to get into these days. I didn't really bother with guys when I was younger I refrained from sex for years as I wasn't pretty/got ignored etc so I just focused on academics and my hobbies of keeping fit and running. I started to make more of an effort with guys but still I've not had a proper relationship. Now I've had several one night stands but what I'd like is a relationship. I've had enough of one night stands and messing about and just want to put effort into a relationship. Just wanted advice.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    It seems that relationships are hard to get into these days. I didn't really bother with guys when I was younger I refrained from sex for years as I wasn't pretty/got ignored etc so I just focused on academics and my hobbies of keeping fit and running. I started to make more of an effort with guys but still I've not had a proper relationship. Now I've had several one night stands but what I'd like is a relationship. I've had enough of one night stands and messing about and just want to put effort into a relationship. Just wanted advice.
    I turned down sex with a girl last week because I can't be bothered with superficial encounters and want something serious. Not all boys are like that you just have to gauge there goals of what they would like from the relationship

(Original post by Miser101)
    I turned down sex with a girl last week because I can't be bothered with superficial encounters and want something serious. Not all boys are like that you just have to gauge there goals of what they would like from the relationship
    True, though I find that the guys who I think I share interests with ie they enjoy sport/keeping fit are either after one night stands or a pretty unsporty girl who will sit in the stands applying lipstick and taking selfies while she watches him train. I put a lot of effort into my training schedule I'm up at half 4 most mornings to run but it seems that guys go for girls who don't really have hobbies/put effort into life. I'm not bitter yet lol it's just my observation. Maybe it's a wrong observation/perception I have I don't know.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    True, though I find that the guys who I think I share interests with ie they enjoy sport/keeping fit are either after one night stands or a pretty unsporty girl who will sit in the stands applying lipstick and taking selfies while she watches him train. I put a lot of effort into my training schedule I'm up at half 4 most mornings to run but it seems that guys go for girls who don't really have hobbies/put effort into life. I'm not bitter yet lol it's just my observation. Maybe it's a wrong observation/perception I have I don't know.
    I know exactly what you mean from the way your coming across it seems like I'm talking to myself because I'm very focused in my professional life and outside of that so fitness and everything else that goes with that like the diet. I personally wouldn't settle down with a girl who doesn't have direction in life my ideal partner would have to be strong and have direction. Again you would have to gauge this through dating and keep disiplined and not get intimidate too quickly no matter how charming the other person is, this is the game unfortunately we just have to play it

ReputationRep:
    We're around, we just get completely and utterly ignored.

Bitter comment aside, perhaps you're not looking in the right places? Have you tried online dating? It's worth exploring other options to put yourself out there.

Write a reply… Reply
Submit reply
Updated: November 14, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Poll
Which party will you be voting for in the General Election 2017?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.